Not our average Thanksgiving this year.
Cam, Kam & Aug came home Wednesday (out of school and the CKams had from 9am to 10 pm off from the motel) mid day and helped move some furniture (extra man power!) while we finished up pies & salads and then we all went to sushi and to our annual Thanksgiving movie ("Frozen") with my family.
Right after the movie we went home and packed up everything for Thanksgiving and over night bags and drove to Manti to the motel.
The next morning we enjoyed Austin's homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and hung out playing computer, guitar, getting dressed/makeup, studying and working on dinner...
Cameron offered to take Alex hunting:
Then snoop dog (AKA Austin) decided to join them:
And James too:
(This is their serious hunter faces)
And their "nice" smile face - or at least attempt:
The girls and I ate delicious See's chocolates while they were traipsing through the mud and chasing sheep. So glad I'm a girl!
We also worked on getting dinner ready and Devree curled my hair with a straight iron. Then Ry and I slipped over to Mount Pleasant to see our new niece/cousin:
Savrina Diana Turner:
Ry and I also stopped to find a rock for her science class:
It had to be in a place were it originated.
Great fun.
The table all set:
Hanging out waiting for the turkey timer to pop:
Enjoying Alex's food assignment - crab mouse:
Documenting our turkey pan problem:
(I forgot the turkey roasting pan. James went to Walmart to buy a disposable one and came back with a little smaller than a 9x13 roasting pan - because there was a picture of a turkey on it? James suggested using my stainless steel bowl that luckily, was at CKam's because I had sent garden produce in it earlier. CKams are use to cooking for two! They didn't have anything bigger! It ended up working just fine.)
The spread:
(CKams were in charge of potatoes and veggie tray. Ry made an Oreo cheesecake, Devree a pecan pie. I made the rest. Everyone did something which made it so much easier! Thanks everyone!)
Our handsome & beautiful children - our biggest joy and blessing:
(I know, a little Hallmark Cardish but it's true. I love the stuffing out of these six people!)
And a picture of the other end of the table:
(Proof that I was there!)
We watched a Christmas movie and had a pie fest.
Alex worked on his newest craze - pulling two crappy computers apart to make a better one:
The rest of us either fell asleep or watched the show.
On the way home we stopped at Ephraim's SipIt - specialty drink shack. The kids were thrilled - I don't ever buy soda pop. It was dad's treat!
We got home late and Devree went shopping with friends until 3 am.
Austin stayed the night in Ephraim and came home the next day.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!












1 of my blog friends said something...:
Happy Thanksgiving! As a dedicated Canadian follower of your blog I'm so pleased to see Rylee decked out in our national symbol, the maple leaf. I've enjoyed reading your blog over the years and especially liked the video for Alex's fundraising campaign. Best wishes to your family!
Post a Comment