August 13th
Sometimes big brothers are sweet.
Last night we had tears when a certain little sister realized she has school in a week and dreads going back.
"But I didn't get done everything on my list....
Mom: Like what?
Sister: I wanted to go the aquarium.
Brother: (who was in the room/on his phone but I didn't think was paying attention.) I'll take you. I hate looking at fish but I'll take you.
Sister: I wanted to make salsa and have a sleep over.
Brother: Mom? This ones yours.
Mom: Ok. We can do that!
Brother: What else is in your list?
Sister: I wanted to shot the tube.
Brother: Okay let's do it! I do too. We will take Austin.
Mom: Just tell me when it's over. Brother: What else? Get the list. We got this. We have a week.
Sister: smiles through her tears....
July 22nd
While going with Austin to SLCC to get his transcripts transferred to UVU we ran into his counselor who asked him, "Did you tell your mom that I think she produced well?"
Produced well? I've been blessed to hear many compliments with regards to my children - but I sincerely believe I've never been complimented on my ability to produce them??
However, he is my biggest child, I feel like maybe I'd win a "blue ribbon" or "best of show" if there were a "who produced a great kid" contest?
July 6th
"Mom, it's going to get lit!", is the heads up that he's going to blast his techno music while packing for scout camp this morning.
I'll miss him. Won't miss his music.
June 14th
So...a certain young man has decided to see if he can unlock his native language that he's buried deep in his subconscious. (That and his future profession - as of right now - would greatly benefit from being fluent in two languages.)
We've hired the most darling tutor - she looks like a Russian model. Luckily she's 29 and married AND in order for her to tutor she brings her three year old son over AND he speaks ZERO English. Yours truly has now learned the word for trampoline as he shouts it over and over until I lift him up and put him on the tramp. He jumps 5 jumps then wants off. The proceeds to shout "bamtrup" (trampoline) until I put him back on. We did that at least 20 times. Oy. (If anyone with little children would like to come over between 4 and 5 PM on Tuesdays and entertain this little Russian kid, you're more than welcome. Consider it a cultural experience?)
He threw a screaming fit and tried to hold on to things as his waif like mother physically hauled him out after the hour long tutor session! What can I say? Little Russia/Ukraine boys just like me!
Monday, August 15, 2016
Facebook Post Journal-ing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment