February 1st I attempted to get to North Carolina to bring two big suitcases of baby gifts. My flight out of SLC was FOUR HOURS delayed making it impossible to catch my connection in San Fran and then on to Dulles then Wilmington.
I tried again on Saturday the 2nd and made it! SLC - Houston - Dulles - Wilmington.
I arrived late, we grabbed burrito's to go and went to X & K's. Miss Harley was so excited to see me!
The next morning we went to church - this is my handsome chauffeur:
I got to check out the nursery and we unpacked my suitcases and sorted the clothes by size. Little Paisley is going to be the best dressed baby on base!
Since my visit was so short we went shopping for a baby dresser that afternoon - no luck. I ended up ordering online.
We made 7 layer dip for the game and I made Sunday dinner for X&K. I love that I can just take over their kitchen and cook for them - and they seem okay with it too?
Here we are hanging out waiting for the game to start.
Alex has to have his hair cut weekly and I got to witness a Kayla haircut:
The game finally started (6:30 pm on the East Coast)
All four - make that five - of us!
I got up a "O'three hundred"Monday morning to catch my favorite Marine leaving for work and pleaded for just a couple of pictures in his work clothes - here's his Ukraine smile:
And his real smile:
Ignore my hair & sleepy face - but I try to get in just as many hugs as I can when I get to see him. Even in my nightgown with bed head!
Not to soon after he left for work - K and I left for the airport - we took Harley since it's an hour drive and she gets lonely!
My math is wrong in this Snap - I was actually only there for 36.5 hours and that included two nights of sleeping! Super quick trip but always worth it!
Back in Manti...
My dad going in for kidney stone surgery:
It's snowing and cold here but in North Carolina:
(It rained the WHOLE TIME I was there though!)
We've been cleaning out and found that we have THIRTEEN old cell phones but I found my favorite cell phone case! Wish it would still fit my phone!
Valentine Dinner Date for K & X - they went a couple days early because X had to work:
Sometimes we compare lives via Snapchat:
While we were hanging out with these two sick kiddo's - their mom and dad had Anniversary Inn reservations and offered them to James and I but we couldn't make it work so we agreed to stay with sick kids. And they were soooo cuddly and cute!
Finally feeling better enough to play and ride horses!
About 3 am Harper's fever broke and she was wide awake! She climbed in bed with me and chatted about her "boyfriend Jax" and all sorts of things. Then she needed a drink so we went downstairs and her eye's lit up and she said "I know Grandma! Let's make pancakes!" By now it's 4 am. I promised we would make pancakes when the sun came up but I did let her eat a bowl of cereal - she had to be hungry - she had eaten nothing for dinner.
Here she is later that day - feeling much better - having an ice cream cone!
Austin quit at Chuck A Rama and this was his send off:
Valentines Daddy Daughter Date:
Just a cute Snap of K and Harley - and I can "SEE" my Valentines chocolates!
More cute Snaps from NC:
Kam, Dev, Ry and I went to see Disenchanted and Spencer did the babysitting:
And I bugged K for an updated baby bump picture since it had been awhile:
Blakely willing hugging grandpas and uncles is something to document:
I think this was MONTHS AGO - but I found it on Facebook this week - this is Austin with his friends in Las Vegas. Seriously. Austin is a part of our lives - he just doesn't send Snaps and share Instagram stories so I can't steal pictures. (I have to steal them from his friends when they post!)
Checking out our new sectional
Showing off his sprained ankle
Escape Room Date w/Kam and Bill and a few strangers

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment