Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quick Alex Update!

Alex was choking on some water and Devree asked him if he was okay? He replied, "Yes, it just went down the wrong lung.".

Tonight Alex asked "What is anti-sprint?" James looked at him funny then noticed he was holding his new stick of deodorant and teased him with his reply, "Oh, that means you can't run fast if you wear that."  Alex looked confused as we laughed and then James explained that the word was anti-perspirant not anti-sprint. I'm not sure Alex saw the humor in James' reply, but it made us laugh.

We had a couple of silly issues with Alex over the weekend - drinking caffeinated soda pop off the "do not touch" section of the pantry (I know, I sound like a Nazi but seriously? If I didn't have this section they'd eat all their lunch snacks and chips the first day I brought them home!)  and something else. I can't even remember now. 
The next day he hugged me tight and told me "It must be hard raising a little guy like me." 
Yes.
Some day's are rather challenging but over all we have easier days then harder days. 
Last night we attended Devree and Austins choir concert. Ry was at dance so it was just Alex and James and I. Alex kept sighing and asking how much longer? When the one group didn't leave the stage after their three numbers he was quiet concerned. He asked why they weren't leaving? I whispered that I had text the choir director and told him how much my son Alex was enjoying the performance and would they please add a few more numbers! 
He laughed - he knew I was kidding. We have lots of that sort of banter now and I love it. There was a time I didn't think we'd ever find humor between us but we laugh and joke more than we lecture these days.
AND after doing laundry this week - I asked everyone to come retrieve the numerous things I found in the bottom of the washer and dryer. Not ONE THING was Alex's!!
It's just a small thing but that fact that he's finally checking his pockets - after three years - makes me so very happy!
I need to realize and praise him for what he does right. Even if it is a little thing like emptying his pockets.

1 of my blog friends said something...:

steph said...

I have an off limits shelf in my pantry too. lol. It's true though! All that food would be gone in a day otherwise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails