Monday, June 2, 2008

Guyz and Dollz Dance Recital



All three of my girls perform with a musical/theater group called Guyz and Dollz. Here is video of Ry dancing with her group. Kambree & Devree had a duet that was fabulous all though I don't know if my recording does is justice. But for what it's worth, here are some video clips!



This is the last year they will all be in the same group as Kambree just made Dance Company at Murray High and will be dancing with them next fall. It's been so fun to have all three of them perform together. Even if all I do on Thursday's is drive them back and forth to the dance studio! Kambree and I were also cast in Murray Community's production of "Footloose" scheduled for the end of July. I'm playing Ethel McCormick (Ren/Kevin Bacon's mother) Kambree is a teenager. I think it will be fun and since James is going to be gone for two weeks at a time it will be a good diversion of my time while he's away! There's nothing more fun than putting on a show and to do it with my daughter is just fabulous!
Speaking of performing. You'll never believe it. I have been cast in a commercial. Get this....I have to fall off a curb. And someones paying me to do it! When I went to the audition, I was asked to pretend to fall off a curb. I did and the director & staff just burst out laughing and asked if I could do it again. Sure. I did it again and again they all laughed. I wish I could say that I thought they were laughing with me but I felt like they were laughing at me. One guy asked me if I had training in falling. What? Anyway, I didn't hear anything so I figured it had been a long day of auditioning and I was their comic relief. But low and behold, they loved me and I got the part. Don't know much more than that. It's scheduled to shot the end of June. Hopefully it won't be cancelled like my last part!
And even more hopefully, I don't look like a big buffoon on TV!

3 of my blog friends said something...:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

GOOD JOB! natural performers... Keep up the good work!

snakeriverwalton said...

Did you have to fall forwards or backwards- stunned or just chagrined? I think it sounds kind of hard. Congratulations.

Michelle said...

I don't like that I miss your kids stuff because we don't live close! They are growing up so fast and just darling! They did great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails