Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ukraine Christmas and My Birthday

We celebrated Ukraine Christmas on the 7th by going to a Ukraine restaurant with a couple other families that have Ukraine imports. The food was very authentic. I would like to say it was good, but authentic is the nicest thing I can say. Alex came up and whispered to me. "Mom, this borscht taste like orphanage borscht." and he made a disgusted face.
(I love this picture. All these girls were in Alex's orphanage with him. Look at how beautiful these children are?)




The next day he informed me that we never need to go to that restaurant again and that we need to make some real borscht. This made me smile. Here I am, his American born and raised mother and I make REAL borscht. 
Needless to say, we're having borscht this week.

Monday was my birthday and Alex took it upon himself to make me a cake. He did it all by himself.


Rylee was very secretive and ordered me a mug for my tea. She placed a blanket over her head and the computer screen when ordering just so she could keep it a surprise!

Well, I got the next hour off and need to get to bed as I have 6:00 am gym date in the morning.
Perhaps, I'll take more of these late night shifts, just to catch up on my blog?


3 of my blog friends said something...:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I <3 Alex stories... what a sweet kiddo!

steph said...

I had great intentions of celebrating Ukraine Christmas,but I barely got through American Christmas:). Good for you!

Anonymous said...

What interesting stories about Alex! He is so lucky to have you. You have a big heart and it sounds like he has one that he shares right back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails