It's official.
I quit my jetBlue job.
I lasted nine months - which is 8 months longer than I thought I'd last. We took six trips.
One to Long Beach the day after Christmas with everyone.
Kambree and I went to NYC.
I took Alex and Rylee to Disneyland to see Austin and Devree perform with their choir.
James and I went to Alaska.
We all went to the Dominican Republic.
And Ry and I made a quick trip to St George using my OAL benefits.
I am sad to go, only to give up the flight benefits but it just wasn't worth staying. They were taking out one of the four flights out of SLC and I was spending more time trading and trying to AVTO my shifts then working and it was consuming my life.
I will miss my jB friends too.
But I will NOT miss answering phones!!
The summer has been a blur.
Kambree is already back at Snow and the kids will be back in school by the 27th.
Rylee starts 7th grade and has already gone up to practice opening her locker and figure out where her classes are. She also decorated her locker and we have gone school shopping a number of times.
I asked Alex if he was going to decorate his locker and he scoffed at me, "No." He did go up to check it out and arranged to meet a couple of girls there. Oh my. This could be scary.....
Austin is staying home - he just didn't make enough money to pay for tuition. He hopes to go in January but he'll need to find another job and soon to earn enough money to pay the tuition at Utah State. (Where he wants to go now that his best friend, Noah is going there.)
He is working (barely) at Papa Johns and donating plasma on a regular bases.
Devree got her drivers license and that has been a blessing for not only her but me! She can now drive herself back and forth to drill each day. Halleluiah!
She had a little incident yesterday when she drove with her parking break on and stalled her call in a busy intersection. She panicked and people started honking and she called 911!! Yes she did! Then she tried to call me but I was on an early morning walk and had left my phone home. A "old biker guy" stopped and helped push her out of the intersection and she called 911 back and told them she was okay but the police where already on their way. She's a blubbering mess when the arrive and they have her put her car in PARK (the reason it wouldn't start was she had left it in drive) and it started right up. They tried to reassure her that she did the right thing and then the escorted her to the high school to make sure her car didn't stall again.
I laughed so hard when she told me this story but she doesn't find it amusing in the least and gets very angry when people start laughing.
Oh Dev.
As I was driving home from moving Kambree down to school I started feeling melancholy. My kids are growing up so fast. It blew my mind to think that next time this year Alex COULD have his learners permit? Is that scary or what?
I just want to bottle my kids for a bit. Kambree will be home in December and then with any luck (and a lot of prayers) Austin will leave on his mission in the spring. I doubt our lives will ever be the same. It's hard to have adult children when you yourself feel the same age inside as they are now. Looking in the mirror is a dose of reality - I don't look anything like a twenty year old these days. I would embrace my old age if it wasn't just so ugly. Grey hair- yuck and wrinkles - boo.
Anyway.....in an effort to keep my blog positive, I won't elaborate further on the joys of midlife.

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Congratulations on quitting. I am glad that you got to take the trips you did. Thank you also for your post on the new Infinately More book. I loved your analysis and I can see every single thing you mentioned in our boys. I downloaded the book on my kindle and can't wait to read it. Thanks again Wendy for helping us all through our import issues.
Love
Christy
Austin will be a awesome missionary. When the time comes and kambree and all your children will do great. Sorry it has been a long time since i have checked in on your blog. Things have just been crazy busy.
Post a Comment