Merry Christmas Everyone!
Welcome to our blog - if you've logged on after receiving our Christmas card.
or
Welcome back my faithful few followers!
(And thank you for all your comments and emails over the past year!)
We hope this season you are all healthy, happy and hanging in there!
This year I thought we'd review everyone alphabetically.
Welcome to our blog - if you've logged on after receiving our Christmas card.
or
Welcome back my faithful few followers!
(And thank you for all your comments and emails over the past year!)
We hope this season you are all healthy, happy and hanging in there!
This year I thought we'd review everyone alphabetically.
How's that for shaking things up?
ALEX
Wow. Where to begin. Alex has learned so much this year and continues to learn more and more each day. He has mastered the art of showering and using soap, figured out that doing a job right the first time is better than repeating it numerous times, and has painfully given up the horrible habit of lying and cheating. (Yes, vices that come with being raised in an orphanage.)
He is a very loving, sweet boy, that is starting to not look like a little boy but a teenager. (Sigh.) He is such an obedient child, always quick to do his chores and get his homework done. His English is coming along and it's so fun to watch his cute & funny personality surface as he grasps the language
He LOVES playing basketball and is excited to play Junior Jazz again this year. He is taking piano and active in scouts. Last March he was sealed to our family and he likes to remind us that he's not adopted anymore, he's sealed! (It was funny, when we took all the kids to the temple the temple worker kept asking...."Now, who is being sealed?" He looks so much like us that no one can pick out which child we imported!) He truly is a good boy and tries so very hard to fit in and catch up.
AUSTIN
Where to start? Austin is a junior in high school, driving, working, playing the guitar, and full of mischievousness. He is so very funny, witty & charming that he gets away with lots of things his siblings would never dare try! He went on his first date this year and is singing in A-Capella - where he wears a tux and looks so very handsome! He is taking a financial literacy class and spends his free time trying to figure out "get rich quick" schemes. Luckily for all of us, he runs them by his parents first who inform him of the illegal-ness and/or lack of ethic's that these schemes entail.
He aspires at this time of writing to be a helicopter pilot.
He's playing on a basketball league where he's learned that his large size is much to his advantage.(Yes, he's taller than James and weighing in at 180+)
He has taken to calling Alex "Big Al" (who is about a hundred pounds lighter than him and wears a size 14 slim!) and can make his little sisters squeal just by walking into the room!
He aspires at this time of writing to be a helicopter pilot.
He's playing on a basketball league where he's learned that his large size is much to his advantage.(Yes, he's taller than James and weighing in at 180+)
He has taken to calling Alex "Big Al" (who is about a hundred pounds lighter than him and wears a size 14 slim!) and can make his little sisters squeal just by walking into the room!
DEVREE
Is serving as a Student Body officer this year. Playing on the high school girls freshman basketball team, taking piano lessons and dance lessons and pulling straight A's. (Makes me tired just typing all that!)
With Kambree's move to college we've done some bedroom swapping and she now has a downstairs bedroom. Which is great for the adult parent in the house that had such a hard time falling asleep with her rattling around at all hours of the night!
She still loves the color purple, gum and wishes she could sing like a black gospel singer! She sings beautifully but she covets those big, beautiful voices that can really belt! Devree can pretty much do anything she sets her mind to. (Or drive you crazy until you take her to the store or wherever she needs to be!)
ELLA
Our little Shorky dog is still alive but not so well....mentally. She's been a little crazy lately. We don't know what it is but she's been escaping our yard, hiding under the bed and sleeping with Austin! If any of you know Ella and Austin's relationship you will realize the extent of her mental issues.
With Kambree's move to college we've done some bedroom swapping and she now has a downstairs bedroom. Which is great for the adult parent in the house that had such a hard time falling asleep with her rattling around at all hours of the night!
She still loves the color purple, gum and wishes she could sing like a black gospel singer! She sings beautifully but she covets those big, beautiful voices that can really belt! Devree can pretty much do anything she sets her mind to. (Or drive you crazy until you take her to the store or wherever she needs to be!)
ELLA
Our little Shorky dog is still alive but not so well....mentally. She's been a little crazy lately. We don't know what it is but she's been escaping our yard, hiding under the bed and sleeping with Austin! If any of you know Ella and Austin's relationship you will realize the extent of her mental issues.
JAMES
James is still working away in Wyoming only now he's gone for 16 days and home for 12! He's up to his eyeballs getting the Glummy Bag (soon to be named something else) to market. He's come to the conclusion that it's easier to invent things than to actually market and selling them so he has contracted with a team of professionals at BYU to help get his product off the ground.
You would think with 12 days off that we'd do lots of fun things or get major projects done? Easier said than done!. Last summer between his schedule and the kids camps and activities we had TWO days where we were all home together. TWO DAYS!
He bought a new motorcycle this year and loves to ride it. Even in the freezing weather.
When not working in the fridge temps of Wyoming keeping guys safe and alive on the construction sites of natural gas oil rigs, he stays busy at home attempting to keep our fleet of cars running and has a forever long list of repairs on our house!
You would think with 12 days off that we'd do lots of fun things or get major projects done? Easier said than done!. Last summer between his schedule and the kids camps and activities we had TWO days where we were all home together. TWO DAYS!
He bought a new motorcycle this year and loves to ride it. Even in the freezing weather.
When not working in the fridge temps of Wyoming keeping guys safe and alive on the construction sites of natural gas oil rigs, he stays busy at home attempting to keep our fleet of cars running and has a forever long list of repairs on our house!
KAMBREE
Kambree graduated from high school last spring and is attending Snow College.
She is learning the art of living with five roommates, cooking, cleaning and doing her own laundry.
She's loving school, dancing on the drill team, dating up a storm and learning that RM's want relationships and commitments and she wants NONE of that! (Thank goodness.)
When she visits she is thrilled to eat anything I make -as long as it isn't spaghetti - which apparently is her staple meal at school?
She is planning on going into nursing and just finished Human Anatomy and labs where she worked on actual cadavers.(In this aspect....she does NOT take after her mother!)
RYLEE
Rylee is taking dance, piano and just finished performing in Murray High's production of Music Man.
She's a spit fire, can talk a mile a minute and thinks and acts like she's 15! I keep calling her my "baby girl" with the hope that she'll stay little a little longer!
She's doing great at school but often comes home with stories of the drama of 5th grade! (And it seriously reads like a soap opera!) She's still very tender heart-ed and wears her heart on her sleeve so that only adds to the tears and drama.
She loves her Webkinz (Curse you people that developed this toy! What the heck? Internet birthday parties for stuffed animals that you have to log in to at a certain time!? My computer is plastered with reminders of when Rylee needs to log on for one pet party or another!) and has started cooking. So far we've had more successes than catastrophes in the kitchen!
She wants so badly to have her own cell phone and wear make-up. (See? She thinks she is 15!)
At this point she aspires to be an anesthesiologist and likes to perform "virtual" operations on the Internet. (Luckily they're only animated. I can just picture future conversations with Kambree and Rylee at the dinner table.... I know I'll be dry-heaving when they start talking about bowl obstructions or puss and infections. Yuck!)
She is learning the art of living with five roommates, cooking, cleaning and doing her own laundry.
She's loving school, dancing on the drill team, dating up a storm and learning that RM's want relationships and commitments and she wants NONE of that! (Thank goodness.)
When she visits she is thrilled to eat anything I make -as long as it isn't spaghetti - which apparently is her staple meal at school?
She is planning on going into nursing and just finished Human Anatomy and labs where she worked on actual cadavers.(In this aspect....she does NOT take after her mother!)
RYLEE
Rylee is taking dance, piano and just finished performing in Murray High's production of Music Man.
She's a spit fire, can talk a mile a minute and thinks and acts like she's 15! I keep calling her my "baby girl" with the hope that she'll stay little a little longer!
She's doing great at school but often comes home with stories of the drama of 5th grade! (And it seriously reads like a soap opera!) She's still very tender heart-ed and wears her heart on her sleeve so that only adds to the tears and drama.
She loves her Webkinz (Curse you people that developed this toy! What the heck? Internet birthday parties for stuffed animals that you have to log in to at a certain time!? My computer is plastered with reminders of when Rylee needs to log on for one pet party or another!) and has started cooking. So far we've had more successes than catastrophes in the kitchen!
She wants so badly to have her own cell phone and wear make-up. (See? She thinks she is 15!)
At this point she aspires to be an anesthesiologist and likes to perform "virtual" operations on the Internet. (Luckily they're only animated. I can just picture future conversations with Kambree and Rylee at the dinner table.... I know I'll be dry-heaving when they start talking about bowl obstructions or puss and infections. Yuck!)
WENDY
I am still selling real estate - although I took some unscheduled months off this year due to poor market conditions and the economic situation. I am also serving in the Young Womens presidency - which I love. I get to work with the 14 & 15 year olds and am excited to go to girls camp this year.
This summer Kambree, Devree, Rylee and I all performed in WVC's production of Peter Pan! It was so great to be on stage with all three of my daughters.I tried to talk my sons into it but they said NO WAY! (In this aspect they take after James!)
With 5 children, a career, an involved church calling, volunteer work and single parenting more than 1/2 the time, I am very busy and sometimes don't know if I'm coming or going but I wouldn't change one thing! I know this busy-crazy-over scheduled-spread thin time won't last forever and that some day I will look back and miss it. (Or at least I tell myself that on the really busy-flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants days! )
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the New Year brings you all your hearts desires.
We are so grateful to our Savior and brother, Jesus Christ for his birth, his life and that we know that he lives!
Blessings,
The Richhart Family
This summer Kambree, Devree, Rylee and I all performed in WVC's production of Peter Pan! It was so great to be on stage with all three of my daughters.I tried to talk my sons into it but they said NO WAY! (In this aspect they take after James!)
With 5 children, a career, an involved church calling, volunteer work and single parenting more than 1/2 the time, I am very busy and sometimes don't know if I'm coming or going but I wouldn't change one thing! I know this busy-crazy-over scheduled-spread thin time won't last forever and that some day I will look back and miss it. (Or at least I tell myself that on the really busy-flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants days! )
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the New Year brings you all your hearts desires.
We are so grateful to our Savior and brother, Jesus Christ for his birth, his life and that we know that he lives!
Blessings,
The Richhart Family

3 of my blog friends said something...:
Beautiful letter!!! Merry Christmas!
What? No "LIKE" button? You mean I actually have to use my brain!?
Very nice letter! I know it's hard to believe that someday we will look back on certain times and miss them ...and I'm sure I don't know the half of it... but it sounds like you are all creating a plethora of memories that you can look back on and be happy about!
I'm glad the Richheart Family is doing so well, and I hope the blessings continue to pour out upon you all in great abundance!
Beautiful letter ! enjoyed it very much......... Merry Christmas Wendy ! I miss you.....
Post a Comment