I realized that the picture in my header was over two years old and since I am not computer savvy enough to create a new one, I had to use the blogger format. I know it's a little boring, but at least it's more current right?
(It was also time to get rid of those crazy Thanksgiving turkey's on my back ground.)
I love Christmas. Really I do! But I get so sick of red and green - in fact often times houses, yards and blogs are so covered in red and green and tinsel and lights that it looks like Christmas just "threw up" everywhere!
(I let Ry and Alex pull out the decorations last Saturday and sincerely my house looked like a Christmas blow out! I have subtly, toned the house down and limited decorations to certain designated areas as opposed to every nook, cranny and windowsill! Gosh, that doesn't sound like I like Christmas does it?)
We're not doing outdoor Christmas lights again this year. No one has enough enthusiasm to put them up? James refuses unless I buy new one's each year after Christmas and I didn't hit any great clearances last year. His reasoning? One strand always goes out and the house looks stupid. Since we have them on every night for the month, their life is one season and one season only! He has a point. Personally, I think it would help if our house had some pointy peaks and not a straight line for hanging lights? And with the placement of our Christmas tree - you can barely see it from the road - we might look like the Grinch family on the street. Oh well. When you come in....you can defiantly see we are Christmas celebrating folk!
I am happy to report that once again I have a "Christmas Elf" living among us! He/she has set the table and made my bed! I so love Christmas elf's! I just wish he/she would live with us all year long!
I am not happy to report that we have an actual little mouse living amongst us as well. Yuck! I think this mouse may be the reason for the psychotic-ness of my little dog Ella? She's been acting so weird lately. Even Austin noticed when she spent the night sleeping on HIS bed. Ella really doesn't like Austin so there is defiantly something up with her emotional stability. (What dog in their right mind would willing sleep with a large, sixteen year old boy that likes to drape her around his neck, like an exotic fur, and then spin in circles?)
This morning I got up to Rylee dressed and jobs done, Alex dressed and brewing me a cup of tea and all my teens sleeping peacefully away.
Why this sweet Alex and Rylee behavior before eight am on a Saturday?
Netflix.
Yes, I signed up for a trial month of Netflix through the Wii.
Happy day at the Richhart home!
So far, I must say, I am not impressed with the line up of movies. (I have decreed that if any R rated movies are viewed or PG-13 without a call for permission, I will cancel our account immediately! I'm not too worried about the R ones, my kids sincerely know better, but some of the PG-13 shows are just as crude and awful as R!) We'll see how this goes. If it inspires them to get up early, get dressed, do their jobs and make me herbal tea without asking.....it might be worth the $7.99 a month!
Crazy busy day ahead, Ry was given comp tickets to see her friend perform at Hale Center today. Lucky for me, I get to accompany her. So we're heading there after I pick her up early from her primary Christmas party, Kambree is driving in to perform at Rio Tinto stadium this afternoon, (I hope we don't have snow for the drive or the performance!) and I'm showing houses later this afternoon.
The hustle and bustle is upon us my friends!
Good luck!

3 of my blog friends said something...:
I love the new picture. You've got a great family. Alex it looking like such a handsome kid.
We tried the Netflix too, and found out that you can log onto your account on the computer and block R and PG 13 movies from being watched on the Wii.
Awesome picture!
I think Katya would be dead from boredom by now without Netflix since we don't have cable :) I will have to try the block thing - thanks Andreas!
We don't have cable either! So Netflix was a big deal!
Thanks Andreas, it was really easy to set up the parental controls. Now that we have we seem to have a lot more family friendly movies to chose from. Yesterday we watched Home Alone 2. I can even get it on my computer in the kitchen so I can watch movies. (As I seem to only have movie viewing time WHILE cooking of doing dishes!)
Thanks for commenting. Lately I've had so little to say and my comments seem to be so few and far apart!
Post a Comment