Friday, February 4, 2011

Facebook Funnies....

Alex REALLY wants a Facebook account. Really. Bad.
He found out you are suppose to be 13 before you can have one and since he is "almost" 13 (now less than six months away) can't he please have one?
I made him a deal. If he can find TWENTY kids in his grade that already have a Facebook account, he can have one. TWENTY. I told him I'd look up each and every one and confirm that they actually have an account.
Why?
Because who is he going to ask to be his friends?
Not my friends!
He needs his own friends.
(It drives me crazy to get friend requests from 10 &12 year olds. I have actually had a friend request from a 5 year old. Yes, a 5 year old!)
So, today he heads to school with his "chart" in hand to ask his friends if they have Facebook accounts.
Very scientific.
(I have a feeling it will be harder than he thinks to find twenty six graders with fb accounts.)
On the way to school he turns to me and asks,
"Mom, what I put on Facebook sign up....uhh....when it say sex? Women or Men?"
(You should see his face. It's so perplexed. And he's holding his fingers into a little square pantomiming the box to fill out.)
Me: "Hum...what do you think you should put?"
Alex: (In a tiny voice) "Women?"
Me: (Trying not to laugh out loud, realizing he thinks the question is more along the lines of "What do you prefer?" Not,  "What is your gender?") "No, Alex. When they're asking you what your sex is they're asking you if you are a boy or girl. Male of Female."
Alex: (The look of relief evident on his face) "Oh...then boy. I mean male."
Me: "Yes." (Still trying not to laugh out loud!)



3 of my blog friends said something...:

snakeriverwalton said...

so funny

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Alex-isms are the best. What a hoot!
Wonder if he'll find 20 kids... It seems Rylee wants an accuont too ;)

Lori said...

That, my friend, is priceless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails