Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Sweet Grandma.....

Well, James and I have returned from a lovely seven day cruise and I have pictures to share but my Grandma passed away on Tuesday and our life is a little topsy-turvy right now.
I have been blessed to have three living grandparents during my lifetime. I have now written all three of their obituary's. Not an easy task. I have also written and delivered all their eulogy's. A even harder task. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.
 

Leola Mae Daniels Leola Mae Daniels
Oh, what a sweet reunion must have taken place on February 21st 2012 when Leola Mae Jenkins Daniels graduated from this life and into the arms of her eternal companion Richard "Pete" Harvey Daniels. After almost fifty years apart – they are now together forever.
Leola was born November 7th 1925 to the late Ernest & Pearl Ophelia Jenkins. She is proceed in death by her older sister Elaine (Jim) Moore and survived by her younger sister Arleen (Dale) Simpson.
Leola married the love of her life, “Pete” in the Salt Lake LDS- Temple on June 6th 1946. Widowed July 30th 1962 Leola raised their four children, Brent (Elaine) Daniels, Dian (Gayle) Johnson, Debbie Hilton and Ray (Shirley) Daniels. She lived in the Rosepark 3rd Ward on Poinsettia Drive for 54 years but relocated to Murray to be closer to her family about ten years ago.
She leaves behind her much loved 19 grandchildren, 37 great-grandchildren (one on the way) and three great-great grandchildren.
Leola’s life is a legacy of love. She loved her family - be it by birth, marriage or adoption. She loved her friends, her neighbors, her dogs and she loved the Lord.
Please join us as we honor and celebrate the life of our cherished mother and grandmother.
Saturday, February 25th 2012
Viewing: 10 am – 12 pm
Funeral: 12:00 pm
Liberty Ward House
67 West Clay Park Drive (6340 South)
Murray, Utah.
Internment to follow at Wasatch Lawns
Leola’s family would like to thank Bristol Hospice for their tender care of Leola in her last days.
“I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father.” Enos 1:27

5 of my blog friends said something...:

Carlin said...

That is such a sweet obituary! No wonder you are incharge of writing them. I wish you well at the funeral and with your thoughts to share. It is difficult, I did my grandmothers life sketch and it was bitter sweet. You love them and miss them and yet know at that point in their life they are in a better place. Thinking of you and sending you hugs!

Andreas said...

You are so eloquent with your words. If you were my granddaughter, I'd want you to write my obit. So sorry for your loss, but compliments to you on a beautifully written tribute to who seems to be an amazing person.

steph said...

She is a darling little grandma. I'm sorry for your loss. Beautifully written.

Stacy said...

Hugs to you! You did a very nice job with the obit.

Heidi gail walls said...

You did a good job on writing th obituary. I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard to loose those close to us. But, knowing we will see our loved ones again in heaven.

Related Posts with Thumbnails