Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day!

Pretty nails hu?

Well, let me set this up. Rylee's friend told her she was going to paint her little brothers nails Monday night as an April Fool's joke. Rylee so badly wanted to sleep over to help her friend but being the mean mom that I am and that it's a school night and the little brother in question was only in kindergarten, I told her I'd help her do this to Austin. We waited until we heard Austin's loud steady breathing, snuck in by the light of the Game Boy and he said "What are you doing in my room?" I made up an excuse that we were looking for the Game Boy and left.

We waited.....went back in, this time he's snoring. His hands are under his covers and this time Rylee brought a glow in the dark star that is giving off about as much light as nothing. The cat came in with us, jumps on Austin's bed, we shoo her out, creep back to the bed and hear."Who's in my room?" We freeze. Austin repeats "Who's in my room?" I can't help it, I start snickering. "Mom, what are you doing?" I confess, we're trying to pull and April Fools joke. To which he replies "It's not April yet!" All this time Rylee is hiding under the bed! We slink out and Rylee is crushed. Don't worry, we'll get Dad! He sleeps sounder. We'll James is in a talking mood. It's 10:45 (normally I'm lights out @ 10:00 due to my early alarm @ 5:00) and he's still awake and since I'm awake, he's talking to me. Finally I just whisper. James pretend your asleep and be a good sport! I had to wake up Ry, she'd fallen asleep waiting!



Well, some Dad's are just cooler than other Dads! What can I say? Rylee was thrilled (so if any of Ry's friends are reading this-don't tell her that James was in on it!) Not to mention, he brushed them on his under clothes before they were dry. So we have a lovely white G-shirt with a red stripe down the front!

The best part was we were out of nail polish remover and he had to wear this shade to work and get some paint thinner to remove it. (Ha, ha!)

Austin gave us grief for waking him up and announced that the worst holidays are Aprils Fools and St.Patrick's day. They're just "lame" holidays. (We're still planning on getting him somehow today!)

2 of my blog friends said something...:

snakeriverwalton said...

ames is soooo delicate! cute. you'll still have to get Austin sometine.

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! Austin lucked out! James is such a good sport!

Related Posts with Thumbnails