Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Austin Before And After!

Well, TWO haircuts later this is what my boy looks like!




The first hair cut was a trim of the long shag, but much to Austin's dismay I had him back in the chair for a haircut that his Dad wouldn't say "You paid how much for this?" I think he looks great! He likes it too even though he won't admit it.
So, I had a funny/sad Austin moment yesterday. I was standing in a very long line at Costco and there was this cute little blond boy in the cart ahead of me giving his mom kisses. He was about three years old. In an effort to make casual conversation I mentioned that my boy was turning 14 this month and to enjoy this little boy kissing you in public while you can and then out of no where I am bawling! Tears are coursing down my checks, I'm like a leaky faucet. I apologized to the mom and her mom and they're trying to comfort me. I was so embarrassed. I don't know where that came from. I have a great relationship with Austin and I enjoy my children more now than I did when they were small. I guess somewhere inside me I just really miss my little one's? Or I'm going through the change? Or something? Weird.
I told my family the Costco story that night and after dinner Austin came and smothered me with kisses just like he did when he as a little boy. Except now he's taller than me and picks me up instead of me picking him up. But I still love him just a much now if not more and so enjoyed being smothered with teenage boy kisses! Oh, great, I'm leaking again. Maybe I just need chocolate!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

snakeriverwalton said...

you made me leak a little bit too. jared and I had a great weekend on a short trip just the two of us, and I was feeling the same way. i think it's actually normal, so don't feel too bad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails