So, James is going to take a job that will require him to be gone for two weeks and then home for two weeks. What the heck? I'm suppose to be without him completely and then with him completely? How will I adjust?
We should know for sure next week, the awesome thing is it pays so well that for the first time in our marriage, I won't HAVE to work. I know I will work (cause I love what I do) but the idea of not working is something that I just can't wrap my mind around. For the past 5 years, I have been the major bread winner. With the real estate market taking a nose dive these past few months, it's a good thing we're shifting gears. The first thing I did when he announced that he's a pretty sure thing for this job is I went and auditioned for Footloose with Kambree. We both got call backs and we're just waiting to see what parts we get. Last year was so great doing Peter Pan together and it makes me so happy that Kam doesn't mind me being in these shows with her. It makes me sad to think we probably only have two more summers before she heads off to college. I can't think of a better way to spend our summer than at rehearsals and performing. And can I just say, the boys at call backs were so dang cute! I think she's going to have a blast!
Speaking of Kambree, she has huge news.....SHE MADE MURRAY HIGH DANCE COMPANY! And she is so excited. She worked so hard. I've never been so nervous for an audition for anyone (besides myself) in my life. Who knew being a mom would bring that rush and butterfly in the tummy feeling when it's not even your audition! I am so proud of her. Her best friend, Sami convinced her to tryout. It's so important to have good friends.
Austin is now taller than me! In December he was 5 foot 6 now he's over 5 foot 8. He's going to have a tough time adjusting to James being gone. They're always wrestling and goofing around and honestly, he's just to big for me to wrestle with. He wins!
Devree took charge of Mothers Day this year and ordered me an apple peeler that the children have wanted forever. She even sent me on a scavenger hunt through the house. It was so fun. My favorite clue was the one that went something like this "Midnight eats and then in an hour go the place where she pushes with power!" Which is the utility room where the kitty litter box is kept. Ha! Ha!
Rylee brought me breakfast in bed. Rice Chex's and milk. Yum! She also made the most hilarious book where she finished the end of cliche's. My favorite ones; "When you lie down with dogs....they might lick you up the nose!" And "People that live in glass houses... must live in a snow globe!" She also went to the David Archletta party @ Murray High with Kam and Dev and she cried four times. Tears of joy @ seeing David. What a funny girl!
Well, I'm blogging from James laptop as my computer got some terrible virus complete with bugs infesting my screen. (Yuck! I'm still itchy, even though I know they're just computer animated bugs....it freaked me out!) So my computer is a the computer doctors.
And I don't have any pictures to post although my kitchen is looking beautiful. I love it! It is so nice to have running water. You just don't know what you take for granite until you don't have it anymore. When my computer is well again I'll post kitchen pictures.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Just blogging....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 of my blog friends said something...:
I can't wait to see the kitchen. I feel for you on the 2 weeks on/off! It definitely takes a strong woman! I only have to deal with it in May and parts of Dec and Jan. (Unless you count the season Aug-Nov, but he is only gone sun-thurs then) I think your instincts kick in while he is away and you can do it all. Then when he is home you are so grateful for the company and help you can enjoy it. The hardest part are the in between times. The day or two he leaves and you feel lonely and overwhelmed. And the day or two back when he is messing up your schedule/rythym you just got into. After 6 years, I am having less of a struggle with the in betweens. We will for sure have to start movie nights or some type of night out, I have learned that is key to your sanity when your doin it all by yourself.
I'm totally in for the movie nights. I only had to be the home wife for about a year, but it was tough. Just make sure that you don't feel guilty about doing fun things while he's gone- even when he calls and tells you how lonely and bored he is. Otherwise you'll go nuts. With your new family income, does this mean I can stop paying you to be my friend?
Wow! If anybody can do it you can! By the way you've been tagged! Love ya!
Post a Comment