Friday, May 2, 2008

We're getting there!

Well, it's finally looking livable! We still have a million things to do to finish and currently we're living without a kitchen or bathroom sink. (So dishes have been done in the tub-not easy on the back!) But I can see a light!
The best thing! I had my new dishwasher installed yesterday and James hooked it up without a sink! (Isn't he fabulous!)
So here's a view standing from the west end:
And the kitchen....note the plywood counter tops! (Did I mention the counters and sinks are scheduled for next Wednesday? Hurray!)

These are our lockers! I loved them! When the kids leave their things around I just throw them in their lockers! James is wiring a power outlet in each of them so they can charge their i-pods and cell phones. (Gee, that makes it sound like everyone has I-pods and cell phones, but much to my children's dismay, only Kam has a cell phone-which she pays for herself-and Devree has an I-pod!) The rest will just have to live with the hope that the power in their locker may someday be used for some electronic gadget!)
Cute green ladder hu? Matches my green wall!


Family Room.....
I just have to say....I love it! Even with plywood counter tops and no sink. I know where everything is, I have ton's of counter and cupboard space, and the kids don't give me claustrophobia when we're all in the kitchen together. There's room to dance, sing and box!
I have to give props, where props are due.....James! What a guy. He works on this kitchen every spare minute and never complains! I've complained but he never does, he just keeps plugging along. I have to say I just got lucky. Not only does he have two different colored eyes (so if you get tired of gazing into one color you can switch to the other) big guns, and a whole lot of patience.....he can build, fix, repair, create, rig, re-wire, muscle, move, paint, pound, hang, plumb, just about anything!
And he must love me to put up with me and build me this kitchen!


0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails