I've been making my kids sack lunches for school. In my quest to be frugal and thrifty I've determined that buying school lunch will cost close to $200 a month for five children! Now, if this would reduce my grocery budget $200 a month that would not be a problem, but it does not! I've decided I can pack lunches for all five around four-five dollars a day! And since a day of school lunch is $9.20 cents for all five children, I've resigned to the fact that making lunches will be a regular occurrence each morning. Thank goodness my kids LIKE sack lunches better than school lunches.
So, I'm making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches yesterday (as I was out of mayo for ham or tuna) but knowing Alex has yet to acquire a taste for peanut butter I planned on packing him a mayo-less ham sandwich. I was spreading the peanut butter and he was watching and then in this little tiny pleading voice he says, "Mom, please me no peanut butter?" I wish I had an audio recording so you could hear how sweet it was. I assured him that I knew he didn't like peanut butter and showed him the ham I had out for his sandwich.
Alex and Ry started soccer this week. They have practices on the same day a half hour apart at two different schools and games on the same day often times at the same time at two different schools. Good grief! On my desk calendar I keep every appointment, class and commitment-and if it's not on there don't expect me or any of my off spring to be there. For lack of space, I use each child's first initial like 3:00 D@ Rehearsal, 5:30 R @ Dance but since Alex and Austin have the same first initial I've decided to use an X for Alex. I'm not use to seeing 5:00 X @ soccer it makes me think of X the Owl from Mr. Rogers. (Does that date me?) I hope I get use to my new system as having two A's is just not going to work!
Alex is liking school. The first day he said "Great, great, great day!" Apparently he had to draw on a "paper" cookie all the things that he liked to do and then his teacher gave the class real cookies, he thought that was awesome! Today the novelty has worn off a bit and he said school was "a little great."
James is back to work. Boo. He asked me to blog about the ordeal he had with his car as a public service to anyone who might have the same problem. So here goes (insert sound of throat clearing here):
So, he and Rylee were heading to Mnt Pleasant last Friday and he got pulled over for an expired registration. Not just a few days expired almost TEN MONTHS expired. (Please note, we are normally law abiding, on time registration, tax paying citizens, how this happened is still beyond us!) Thank heavens our sweet but terrified Rylee was with him. I think the officer took pity on impounding his car and leaving this father and trembling daughter on the side of the road. However, he did write a citation-who knows how much that will cost?! James came right back home and switch cars. Somehow last OCTOBER we did not receive a registration which apparently are just a "courtesy" from the State and as we have SIX registered vehicles (when you count the scooter, trailer and Moby-the big white whale four wheel drive truck that is currently NOT licensed and we ARE aware of) we some how overlooked registering the car that's on the road more than any other. (Which is so funny because James was just pointing out a scooter ahead of us with an expired sticker and here he is driving around with his sticker TEN MONTHS OUT!) According to the trooper this is OUR responsibility and if we did or did not receive a renewal it doesn't matter. (I SWEAR we didn't-I'm pretty OCD about paper work!) We are presently working on getting his car inspected but it needs an electrical repair before that can happen and James had to get to work. Thank goodness for Jake (his brothers) generosity in letting him borrow his truck for two weeks. The idea of leaving Kambree without a vehicle and me with one and five kids to get everywhere was making me feel light headed! (How'd I do James? Did I do your story justice?)
Oh, yikes! It's dinner time and I'm blogging, I better go figure something out. If only we could take a pill for dinner sometimes!
So, I'm making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches yesterday (as I was out of mayo for ham or tuna) but knowing Alex has yet to acquire a taste for peanut butter I planned on packing him a mayo-less ham sandwich. I was spreading the peanut butter and he was watching and then in this little tiny pleading voice he says, "Mom, please me no peanut butter?" I wish I had an audio recording so you could hear how sweet it was. I assured him that I knew he didn't like peanut butter and showed him the ham I had out for his sandwich.
Alex and Ry started soccer this week. They have practices on the same day a half hour apart at two different schools and games on the same day often times at the same time at two different schools. Good grief! On my desk calendar I keep every appointment, class and commitment-and if it's not on there don't expect me or any of my off spring to be there. For lack of space, I use each child's first initial like 3:00 D@ Rehearsal, 5:30 R @ Dance but since Alex and Austin have the same first initial I've decided to use an X for Alex. I'm not use to seeing 5:00 X @ soccer it makes me think of X the Owl from Mr. Rogers. (Does that date me?) I hope I get use to my new system as having two A's is just not going to work!
Alex is liking school. The first day he said "Great, great, great day!" Apparently he had to draw on a "paper" cookie all the things that he liked to do and then his teacher gave the class real cookies, he thought that was awesome! Today the novelty has worn off a bit and he said school was "a little great."
James is back to work. Boo. He asked me to blog about the ordeal he had with his car as a public service to anyone who might have the same problem. So here goes (insert sound of throat clearing here):
So, he and Rylee were heading to Mnt Pleasant last Friday and he got pulled over for an expired registration. Not just a few days expired almost TEN MONTHS expired. (Please note, we are normally law abiding, on time registration, tax paying citizens, how this happened is still beyond us!) Thank heavens our sweet but terrified Rylee was with him. I think the officer took pity on impounding his car and leaving this father and trembling daughter on the side of the road. However, he did write a citation-who knows how much that will cost?! James came right back home and switch cars. Somehow last OCTOBER we did not receive a registration which apparently are just a "courtesy" from the State and as we have SIX registered vehicles (when you count the scooter, trailer and Moby-the big white whale four wheel drive truck that is currently NOT licensed and we ARE aware of) we some how overlooked registering the car that's on the road more than any other. (Which is so funny because James was just pointing out a scooter ahead of us with an expired sticker and here he is driving around with his sticker TEN MONTHS OUT!) According to the trooper this is OUR responsibility and if we did or did not receive a renewal it doesn't matter. (I SWEAR we didn't-I'm pretty OCD about paper work!) We are presently working on getting his car inspected but it needs an electrical repair before that can happen and James had to get to work. Thank goodness for Jake (his brothers) generosity in letting him borrow his truck for two weeks. The idea of leaving Kambree without a vehicle and me with one and five kids to get everywhere was making me feel light headed! (How'd I do James? Did I do your story justice?)
Oh, yikes! It's dinner time and I'm blogging, I better go figure something out. If only we could take a pill for dinner sometimes!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
I once went six months without registering my car and I think the ticket was only $40. The big pain was that I didn't have my insurance card in the car (even though I had insurance) so I had to go to court to show the judge that I really was not driving uninsured. Ugh!
I have 3 L's, so the understand the calendar problem.
Post a Comment