Monday, August 17, 2009

My funny children...

I'm always writing about the funny things Alex says. That is not to say my other children are not funny as they are. Austin is hilarious but as this is a family friendly sight and his idea of humor is crude verging on vulgar most the time, I don't blog too much about his wisecracks. Kambree would be highly offended if I shared most the things she does I find funny. Devree hates to be laughed at and Rylee is so sensitive that she might cry if I blog for all the world to see. Not to mention that most of their humor is at my expense. So Alex is just easiest to blog about as he doesn't know how to read my blog (nor could right now for that matter) and he has such ample material as he learns English.
However, here is an example of the torment and sarcasm I put up with on a daily bases from my eldest two:
Last night we were online trying to find a Redbox to rent. We clicked on some show that was not rated (NR), not to mention it looked bad. I told them I didn't dare rent it as it was probably nasty. Kambree pointed out that the "The Princess Protection Program" (produced by Disney) was also not rated-so we better not rent that one. I told her that the fact that princess was in the tittle made me feel more comfortable so she came back with, "Well, then could we rent a not rated movie if the title was 'The Evil Princess'?" and Austin piped in with "Or the "Naked Dancing Princesses'?" See what I mean? Funny children-not nice but funny!
Here's some more Alex funnies:
A: Mom me new word.
Me: You have a new word? Really, what is it.
A: Dude.
Me: Wow. How can you use that in a sentence?
A: Hey dude!
Me: That's pretty good. Where did you learn this new word.
A: Crack
Me: Crack?
A: Yes, you know, little Crack.
Me: Craig? (My cousin's son)
A: Yes, Craig.

Alex coming up to me after church in the hall:
A: Mom me learn about a dam.
Me: A dam? (With confused look on my face)
A: Yes. A dam.
(A few seconds pass and then it hits me.)
Me: Oh you learned about Adam, as in Adam and Eve.
Alex: Yes.

And now I must brag a little about my Alex. We were sitting at dinner and Alex asked (and I quote) "Mom, may I please have more corn?" What a perfect and proper FULL English sentence. I told him as much and then I felt my eyes start to tear. I was just so proud of him. I told him how fabulous his English is and later he asked. "Me fabulous English?" Yes, Alex your English is fabulous!

2 of my blog friends said something...:

Michelle said...

That IS fabulous! And it "crack"ed me up!! I am just glad it was an blog appropriate word!! FUNNY!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

I always love the updates on your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails