Alex noticed his baby picture on the wall last night. He just beamed. We were reading "The Mouse and His Motorcycle". (I'm reading it out loud to him and Rylee. I was feeling badly that I don't do the things with my youngest two like I did with my oldest three so I decided we would start reading together before bedtime. Rylee loves it, Alex say's its boo-ring.) He looked over and saw his picture hanging on the wall with my other babies. Me! He proclaimed. Of course I said, you're one of my babies too right? Yes he says. He snuggled next to me and laid his head on my shoulder. Little does he know there is another picture of him as a baby sitting on the dining room hutch along with other family pictures. I wonder when he'll discover it.
I also printed up a picture of him and Ivan and put it in a frame in his room. He sits it on his dresser right by the edge and facing his bed. I'm afraid it will fall off and hit him on the head but each time I move it over into the center of the dresser he moves it back. (I put it in the Power Ranger frame he bought for me in Ukraine with Jeff Rast and his girls. Alex couldn't remember buying it. It's yellow with the yellow power ranger. I remember it well as I wasn't sure what to do with it. Now it has a home on Alex's dresser!)
On Sunday Rylee sat where Alex wanted to sit at the dinner table. He told her that was his seat. No, she said. I sat here first. (The seat of envy is the seat by me. I have no idea why as James is by far the more fun and favorite parent.) James asked Alex to say the dinner prayer and in his prayer Alex prayed that it was okay that Rylee took his seat or something about Rylee taking his seat. He talks so fast during prayers that it's hard to catch exactly what he's saying. But it was defiantly about Rylee and the coveted seat.
Speaking of prayers, last week Alex bore his testimony in church. It was simple and sweet. Something tot his effect.
I give you my words.
I thankful for family.
Please bless my family.
I am happy to be baptized.
In the name.....
I was slightly surprised he got up in front of everyone. Rylee was up before him and he was trying to talk to me while she was crying through her testimony. (Rylee is so tender that she gets up and just sobs.) I told Alex to shush, I was trying to listen to Rylee. So then he got up.
It was very cute as a much smaller little girl stood before him and he stood up and adjusted the microphone for her, looked at me and shrugged with such a nonchalant attitude and then sat back down to wait his turn.
In primary he's been asked to teach the children a few words of Ukraine for a song they are learning. Oh my. He must not write in Ukraine well? I had to translate each word on the computer and then his eyes would well up with tears as he would try to write it down and say it. It's hard to think he could lose his language so fast. I think he still understands but just can't find the words to say. I'll ask him certain words and he'll just draw a blank and say, "I don't remember." Then in a few seconds it might come to him. Sometimes it doesn't. I was worried about this primary song but once we got it written down AND I printed off a Ukraine alphabet for him to refer to he seemed to be okay and said it went well on Sunday. I meant to sneak in and be there just in case he got frustrated but lost track of time-besides that might have made him even more uncomfortable.
Alex's scout leader emailed me about Alex getting his religion merit badge and all the many things he needs to still do. I emailed back that he's taken all the missionary discussions, gotten baptized, spoke in the primary program and bore his testimony. (I should have mentioned the song too!) The scout leader agreed that he has filled the spirit of the requirements and will be getting his badge at pack meeting this week. Hurray for me saying something! This scout thing is hard for me. I barely got Austin through it thinking I would never go through this again and WHAM-here I am again!
Last night after I tucked Alex in and inspected his teeth-he doesn't like to brush and often times does a terrible job-James went in to say goodnight and guess who was sucking on a sucker in the dark at ten pm? Yep, X-man! So no treats today. While walking with Amy this morning I was telling her about the sucker (I'm referring to the candy here, not Alex) and she told me Maren-her three year old is doing the same thing. It's amazing the similarity's in Alex's personality and her three year old's!
Kambree has decided that Utah State is where she wants to go. Now it's time to fill out scholarship applications. She's hoping to secure a job here that she can transfer up there. Like at Olive Garden. I get a melancholy feeling thinking of her moving out. I know she's ready but am I? I feel way to young to have a college bound child. I just wish we could all stay these ages for a few years and live together longer. I remember so well being her age and the desire to be on my own, why do I remember being so much older and wiser?
Kambree asked a boy to MAG last week. She was dressed in our now famous Albion Snow Man costume.


Yeah, try explaining that too Alex. I finally just went with just watch and see. That is my theme this week. Watch and see. I'm so tired of explaining things like Sunday, "What is hash brown?" Just watch and see Alex. He's eaten and been told what a hash brown is about ten times. I'm hoping by letting him see James cook it and eat it without words, words, words it will stick in his head? Who knows.
Saturday we went to see Lena and Sara be baptized. They looked so cute in their white dresses. I attempted to take their picture with Alex but the three of them are so uncooperative. Lena wouldn't stand by Alex. Alex wouldn't smile.

Then Alex put his tie back on and still not the best picture.

Rylee danced the Virgina Reel this week in school. She told me I could come watch at two o'clock. Funny thing was I was one of the only parents there. Apparently not ALL 4th graders were participating and those that were didn't tell their parents?
We had her decked out in pioneer clothes complete with a bonnet, apron and dress. If you can even see this picture, you'll see that she is the ONLY one dressed like this. Good thing she's not shy!

She's the pink bonnet in the middle.
Well? What can we say? We LIKE to dress up!!
Anyway that was our week!
I also printed up a picture of him and Ivan and put it in a frame in his room. He sits it on his dresser right by the edge and facing his bed. I'm afraid it will fall off and hit him on the head but each time I move it over into the center of the dresser he moves it back. (I put it in the Power Ranger frame he bought for me in Ukraine with Jeff Rast and his girls. Alex couldn't remember buying it. It's yellow with the yellow power ranger. I remember it well as I wasn't sure what to do with it. Now it has a home on Alex's dresser!)
On Sunday Rylee sat where Alex wanted to sit at the dinner table. He told her that was his seat. No, she said. I sat here first. (The seat of envy is the seat by me. I have no idea why as James is by far the more fun and favorite parent.) James asked Alex to say the dinner prayer and in his prayer Alex prayed that it was okay that Rylee took his seat or something about Rylee taking his seat. He talks so fast during prayers that it's hard to catch exactly what he's saying. But it was defiantly about Rylee and the coveted seat.
Speaking of prayers, last week Alex bore his testimony in church. It was simple and sweet. Something tot his effect.
I give you my words.
I thankful for family.
Please bless my family.
I am happy to be baptized.
In the name.....
I was slightly surprised he got up in front of everyone. Rylee was up before him and he was trying to talk to me while she was crying through her testimony. (Rylee is so tender that she gets up and just sobs.) I told Alex to shush, I was trying to listen to Rylee. So then he got up.
It was very cute as a much smaller little girl stood before him and he stood up and adjusted the microphone for her, looked at me and shrugged with such a nonchalant attitude and then sat back down to wait his turn.
In primary he's been asked to teach the children a few words of Ukraine for a song they are learning. Oh my. He must not write in Ukraine well? I had to translate each word on the computer and then his eyes would well up with tears as he would try to write it down and say it. It's hard to think he could lose his language so fast. I think he still understands but just can't find the words to say. I'll ask him certain words and he'll just draw a blank and say, "I don't remember." Then in a few seconds it might come to him. Sometimes it doesn't. I was worried about this primary song but once we got it written down AND I printed off a Ukraine alphabet for him to refer to he seemed to be okay and said it went well on Sunday. I meant to sneak in and be there just in case he got frustrated but lost track of time-besides that might have made him even more uncomfortable.
Alex's scout leader emailed me about Alex getting his religion merit badge and all the many things he needs to still do. I emailed back that he's taken all the missionary discussions, gotten baptized, spoke in the primary program and bore his testimony. (I should have mentioned the song too!) The scout leader agreed that he has filled the spirit of the requirements and will be getting his badge at pack meeting this week. Hurray for me saying something! This scout thing is hard for me. I barely got Austin through it thinking I would never go through this again and WHAM-here I am again!
Last night after I tucked Alex in and inspected his teeth-he doesn't like to brush and often times does a terrible job-James went in to say goodnight and guess who was sucking on a sucker in the dark at ten pm? Yep, X-man! So no treats today. While walking with Amy this morning I was telling her about the sucker (I'm referring to the candy here, not Alex) and she told me Maren-her three year old is doing the same thing. It's amazing the similarity's in Alex's personality and her three year old's!
Kambree has decided that Utah State is where she wants to go. Now it's time to fill out scholarship applications. She's hoping to secure a job here that she can transfer up there. Like at Olive Garden. I get a melancholy feeling thinking of her moving out. I know she's ready but am I? I feel way to young to have a college bound child. I just wish we could all stay these ages for a few years and live together longer. I remember so well being her age and the desire to be on my own, why do I remember being so much older and wiser?
Kambree asked a boy to MAG last week. She was dressed in our now famous Albion Snow Man costume.
Yeah, try explaining that too Alex. I finally just went with just watch and see. That is my theme this week. Watch and see. I'm so tired of explaining things like Sunday, "What is hash brown?" Just watch and see Alex. He's eaten and been told what a hash brown is about ten times. I'm hoping by letting him see James cook it and eat it without words, words, words it will stick in his head? Who knows.
Saturday we went to see Lena and Sara be baptized. They looked so cute in their white dresses. I attempted to take their picture with Alex but the three of them are so uncooperative. Lena wouldn't stand by Alex. Alex wouldn't smile.
Then Alex put his tie back on and still not the best picture.
Rylee danced the Virgina Reel this week in school. She told me I could come watch at two o'clock. Funny thing was I was one of the only parents there. Apparently not ALL 4th graders were participating and those that were didn't tell their parents?
We had her decked out in pioneer clothes complete with a bonnet, apron and dress. If you can even see this picture, you'll see that she is the ONLY one dressed like this. Good thing she's not shy!
She's the pink bonnet in the middle.
Well? What can we say? We LIKE to dress up!!
Anyway that was our week!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Wow! You had a lot going on this week, looks like fun. Miss seeing you.
Rylee will love USU. I had 2 daughters go there. It is a beautiful campus and the wards are fantastic. Good luck on the scholarships.
Post a Comment