Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Stuff

Both Alex and Rylee bore their testimony in church today. 
Alex said he was grateful for his mom. (I sort of held my breath at this point thinking he'd share about not having a mom and how sad and lonely he was or something heartfelt like that?) He shared that mom's do a lot for you, (or something to that effect) and "Do you know what you would do if you didn't have a mom?.... Your house would be upside down! In the name of..... Amen"
That was it. 
Just a little shout out to me across the pulpit. 
(I think this stems from the morning conversation we had about his room and the stuff shoved in the bottom of his closet and his clothes all topsy-turvy in his drawers. Yes, if he didn't have a mom his room would most defiantly be upside down!)
Rylee lost it and cried within in seconds of standing up, she said how much she loves her family and is thankful for everyone in our ward and all the nice things they've done for us. 
And that was all.
When she sat down and buried her crying face in my shoulder, she tried to tell me that it's not the Spirit that makes her cry, it's because she's so scared! I hate to break it to her but she can get up and sing and dance and perform without a tear or a quiver. It IS the Spirit that makes her cry!
Right after Ry got up our sweet neighbor Ronda got up. (I pointed out to my sobbing Rylee that I bet Ronda will cry too. She cries easily!) Ronda commented that she was glad Rylee got up first so she wouldn't be the first to cry. (Or something like that.) I wish I had a tape recorder so I could have recorded these testimony's verbatim. 
We have one o'clock church this year. 
Boo. 
I do like sleeping in but my teens can sleep until noon! I wrote up a decree that everyone signed agreeing to get up by ten, and use the morning for church related activities like journal writing, scripture and church magazine reading, listening to church music and working on Personal Progress or Duty To God. Yep, they weren't too excited and it was met with groans and eye rolls (Devree doesn't want to get up "that EARLY" and Austin is NOT doing Duty To God and he might NOT do his homework if he can't do it before church-which almost made me laugh because he NEVER does homework, so I told him if he had homework he could do it!) but they all agreed. 
After church I told them they could play video games ONLY if they played together! No solo shut yourself away playing and still no crazy, hip, rowdy music! The girls are playing Wii and the boys are playing Xbox. 
(Sigh)
Well, I can't really expect them to be spiritual ALL day....can I?
Kambree heads back to school tomorrow and everyone is back to school and back to the grind. That means making lunches every morning, getting Devree to basketball practice every afternoon, homework with Alex every night and let the running begin!   Junior Jazz is starting so add two more basketball practices and two games every Saturday, in addition to Devree's 2-3 games a week on top of two dance classes, three piano classes, scouts, young women's and achievement days! 
Well, one things for sure, I have a lot of job security in this job called Mom. No one is trying to under bid my job, downsizing my company, no pink slips, or layoffs. Nope. Plenty of security in this job. 
And you know why you need a mom?
So your house won't be upside down!


3 of my blog friends said something...:

snakeriverwalton said...

I was certainly holding my breath when mine stood too. But all went well.

Christy Hinkson said...

What a fun day and great testimonies. Spencer bore his yesterday too and when he got up he said "I like my testimony" kind of short for the traditional "I would like to bear my testimony" I like his testimony too. He is a sweetheart a lot like your Alex.

Jen said...

MMM, busy. How cute of Alex. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails