"Mom, can I sleep with you?"
Alex, why do you want to sleep with me?
Because.....because I didn't have a chance!
(Needless to say...he slept with me!)
***********'
***********'
Alex was trying to tell us about a movie he saw in school about the "holy-cost" (holocaust) and we were having a hard time understanding what he was talking about. We just couldn't figure it out and Austin told him he had never heard of such a thing to which Alex retorted "Well, you watched the wrong holy cost!"
*************
The other night Alex was insisting he was born in Russia.
Me: No you weren't.
Alex: Yes, I was.
Me: Really? Then why do I have your birth certificate and it says Dniproprotrosk, Ukraine.
Alex: I don't know but I was born in Russia.
Me: How do you know?
Alex: I remember big building when I came out.
What more could I say then but to just laugh out loud!
*************
Alex: Want to hear my plan?
Me: sure
Alex, Well, first I go to high school. Then go on mission to Japan. Then come home and go to college.
Me: Japan huh? You want to learn a third language?
Devree: Japanese is hard
Austin: Yes, I think it's one of the hardest languages.
Me: Besides you don't pick where you want to go on your mission, you go where the Lord wants you but there are foreign missions you can go on and speak English. Like Australia or England.
Alex: Like where Harry Potter live?
**************
And this is so Alex....
*************
The other night Alex was insisting he was born in Russia.
Me: No you weren't.
Alex: Yes, I was.
Me: Really? Then why do I have your birth certificate and it says Dniproprotrosk, Ukraine.
Alex: I don't know but I was born in Russia.
Me: How do you know?
Alex: I remember big building when I came out.
What more could I say then but to just laugh out loud!
*************
Alex: Want to hear my plan?
Me: sure
Alex, Well, first I go to high school. Then go on mission to Japan. Then come home and go to college.
Me: Japan huh? You want to learn a third language?
Devree: Japanese is hard
Austin: Yes, I think it's one of the hardest languages.
Me: Besides you don't pick where you want to go on your mission, you go where the Lord wants you but there are foreign missions you can go on and speak English. Like Australia or England.
Alex: Like where Harry Potter live?
**************
And this is so Alex....
For example, after losing screen privileges for the day (after an excessive day of screens the day before and a skewed sense of time on screens) we were having a lesson on "soul searching" we covered a lot of ground, talked a lot about Alex's past and the anger he has inside about it. It was a hard, hairy one hour talk with me learning a few new things about his past and he verbalizing things he has never done before. (Like, why didn't his older brother get him out of the orphanage? Why did he have to go there?) As we were wrapping it up I asked if there was anything else he wanted to tell me or talk about? Alex says, "Yes.....(big sigh from him and I say a little prayer in my heart that whatever he tells me I will say the right thing and be able to help him with it).....why can't I have screens today?

1 of my blog friends said something...:
hahaha! That cartoon is so funny! What is up with boys and their video games? I don't get it. Thanks for your support, by the way. You rock!
Post a Comment