skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I posted this as my facebook status this morning:
I woke up in a panic this morning! "Where is my script? What is my line? When is my entrance?" and then realized - as consciousness became clearer - that I am NOT in a play. I am simply in my life and can't keep track of my entrances and exits, lines and props.
Opening night is today, Wednesday. I figured that out after worrying about Thursday.
Today my part is to to find a frame for my mom's b-day gift, go to lunch with my Ukraine friends, (the highlight of the show) deliver Mandarin oranges to Alex - that he forgot - for his service project after school, swoop in for a pick up @ 3 for Alex and @ 5 for Dev (because she's at Lagoon all day), write the script and direct a class activity for my Miamaids, improvise something for dinner without going to the prop closet (grocery store), and finish my monumental climb up Mount St. Laundry. (I am down to one in the washer and one in the dryer.)
Thursday? My first cue -besides exercise, breakfast and making lunches is at 10 am at the elementary for an awards assembly where Rylee will be walk red carpet and get the Clove Award. Then I'm back stage for awhile except it's 9th grade e sluff day so I'm betting I'll have 9th graders entering and exiting my stage all day long! That night is Alex's track practice and Dev's debut at 9th grade promotion -which involved costuming, a new dress, shoes and jewelry! (It has also involved a sound track to dance to for the dance party afterwords.)
Friday we enter bright and early at 9 am for Alex's 6th grade promotion, then do a lunch scene with my mom for her b-day because we can't fit it in our her actual birthday and Austin will be going solo to sing at graduation with the Acapella because it is of course happening at the same time as Alex's promotion!
Saturday, we will need to dig deep and find some admirable and hard working character traits in our selves and go clean the church @ 8:30 with the promise of going out to breakfast afterwords, then it's on to the premier of my nephews baptism - which the children are singing at and I will play the part of chorister. I also need to do a small understudy role of the cook and bring a plate of fruit.
Sunday, I will be center stage as I teach ALL the Young Women at church.
Monday, Austin and Devree are going to start their block buster summer by having their wisdom teeth removed.
Fun huh?
And all of these entrances, exits, cues, and props on top of my terrible. no good spring cold!
Boo. No standing ovations here.
2 of my blog friends said something...:
just so you know I am standing and clapping, because I get it.
You are so Darn clever! I hope your summer season opening is not as hectic as the end of school is and that you have a chance to sleep in and get over that cold.
Bravo!! Encore!!
Chtisty
Post a Comment