1st day of summer and what fun and excitement is going on at the Richhart home?
Why, what could be more exciting than wisdom teeth extraction?
Poor Austin & Devree.
(And poor us.....as in a one thousand dollar deductible per child!)
(And poor us.....as in a one thousand dollar deductible per child!)
The surgeon was fabulous.
We were in and out with both within 2 hours.
We were in and out with both within 2 hours.
Devree came down weepy.
Tears streaming down her face.
"I don't know why I'm crying...."
Austin?
Totally happy.
Wanted to long board and jump on the trampoline.
Devree - throwing up.
Austin - goofing off.
I'm suppose to keep them down for 3-4 days.
Yeah.
Right.
Right.
Not going to happen with Austin.
On the way home he was sticking his head out the window yelling incoherent things at strangers we passed with ice strapped to his face and gauze hanging out of his mouth. Luckily most the people we saw were runners with headphones on! (Whew!)
He's went on a test drive with a friend in his (the friends) new car about an hour after we got home, had friends drop by and wanted to jump on the trampoline with them but I nixed that idea so they got out clay and made clay people. (Yes, four 17 year olds playing with clay.) Later the same three kids came and took him to Roxberry for a smoothie and are now playing cards. I did manage to keep him off his long board at least so far. The day's not over yet.
Devree has not moved off the couch. Poor thing.
On the way home he was sticking his head out the window yelling incoherent things at strangers we passed with ice strapped to his face and gauze hanging out of his mouth. Luckily most the people we saw were runners with headphones on! (Whew!)
He's went on a test drive with a friend in his (the friends) new car about an hour after we got home, had friends drop by and wanted to jump on the trampoline with them but I nixed that idea so they got out clay and made clay people. (Yes, four 17 year olds playing with clay.) Later the same three kids came and took him to Roxberry for a smoothie and are now playing cards. I did manage to keep him off his long board at least so far. The day's not over yet.
Devree has not moved off the couch. Poor thing.
Devree's sweet girlfriends dropped by with a Jamba Juice which - knock on wood - she has managed to keep down so far.
In Recovery....
In the car....
Austin playing game boy....Devree trying not to throw up again!
And what is going on right now?
Here's Austin:
And here's my poor Dev:
Here is recovery video.
It's entertaining to us, but not so sure it will be for everyone else.
Yes, that is Austin singing in the back ground...

5 of my blog friends said something...:
Poor Devree! How funny how differently they reacted!
This is just a thought for Devree...when I had my wisdom teeth out I was so sick just like her. It ended up being my painkillers that the doctor prescribed. I switched to good old Ibuprofen 800 and felt instantly better!
Thanks Nicole. I was worried about that as the same thing happened to my brother under my care when he was 18 but she started throwing up before she had any meds and then I didn't give her anything put the penicillin and ibuprofen until she stopped throwing up.
She's doing better now. Poor thing.
they are both hilarious and sad. I hope they are feeling better today.
That video was AWESOME!!! My entertainment for the day! Hope they are feeling better!
Post a Comment