Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Review

It seems Halloween gets longer and longer each year.
This year the elementary parade and parties were on the 27th so no costumes on the 321st at school for Rylee. The junior high had a no costume policy too -which was fine with Alex. Austin didn't feel like dressing up to go to high school but Devree did.
Here is Rocker Diva Devree:

That night Austin had friends to hang out with and got into the spirit of things. Lucky for him we just happen to have lot's of nerd paraphernalia.
Austin The Nerd:

Then we had the family over for chili & soup and the little's headed out trick-or-treating. 
Alex was torn - he told me last month he was staying home to help me hand out candy. As the big day got closer I could tell he really wanted to go trick-or-treating. I told him he was welcome to go. He was concerned because he didn't have a costume. I explained that when you're out of elementary you get to rummage through my costume boxes and make something up. He wasn't too excited about that because he wanted to go as a Halo character and apparently I didn't have the $900 costume lying around? ($900 dollars....are you kidding me?) He came up with my old lady wig, goggly eye glasses, an old graduation robe, a cane and skeleton hand gloves. (I am so okay with kids trick-or-treating until their 18. I'd rather them do that then get into mischief. There really isn't much else for them to do. And in Alex's case,  he's only trick-or-treated twice so I think he can go until he's 25!)
Rylee just did Medusa hair. The toga would be very hard to trick-or-treat in.


Close up of the hair:

Devree went that night to hang out with friends as a Murray High Basketball player. I know, not the most ingenious idea.
And the pumpkins!
Rylee's:
Alex's:
And 
Today, Halloween is all cleaned up!
The candy gathered (they get to keep 5 of their favorites), the chocolate in the freezer, the costumes put away and Thanksgiving decorations are out!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

My kiddos LOVED your pumpkins. I need to take lessons from Sir James, because my pumpkins never look that good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails