Monday, July 23, 2012

St George Trip

When Devree made drill team it was mandated that ALL vacations and camps had to happen in July (the month she has off) so we had to switch her EFY date at the last minute and the only opening was in Cedar City. It was during Alex's scout camp and James was at work so I figured it was a perfect time for a road trip with Rylee to go see my BFF cousin Michelle. 
I would drop Devree and her friend Veronica off and then travel on to St George. Veronica's mom would do the pick up on Saturday.
That was the original plan.
The Veronica's mom approached me about the girls flying home ($59 confirmed on Delta/Skywest). That's cheaper then driving there round trip so of course! 
THEN I had a brilliant plan. We're buying my nephew's car for Devree and he lives in St George. Rylee and I will fly standby and then drive the car home! 
Perfect!
The girls can fly each way to EFY and Ry and I will fly down and drive back.
We book the girls flights and I wait to watch loads and get a hold of my nephew only to find out he still needs his car until August 4th.
Oops. 
So now we're flying both ways! (Luckily it was $80 round trip for us with my OAL benefits.) 
Here we are in the airport:

I bought Devree confirmed and my and Ry's flight left about 25 minutes before hers and Veronica's. 
We went to Brigham Young's Summer house:

And of course shopping.....at the mall  - or "The Hall" as my cousins family calls it.
We also went to see Jacob Hamblin's house. (I LOVE to visit old houses. It's the real estate agent in me. I just have to remember that it's not okay to open every door and closet!) 




 We ate out a TON - Ever have a Pizza Factory breadstick? So yummy!
And then we went to the Tuacan Theater to see....

Hairspray!



It was the 24th of July so we were treated to a spectacular fireworks show after the show. 


And the kids stuck around to meet the cast:




It was a quick trip - I had to get home for a closing - but it ended up being OVER 48 hours because we didn't get on our first flight out and Michelle had to come pick us back up because they shut down the airport between flights so we got to spend a few more hours and go to lunch again before getting on the 2nd flight.
Fun times.
Thanks Hartshorns!

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails