December 21, 2012 near Murray
Last
night we hosted our annual "decorate sugar cookies for Santa" night
with extended family but this year we had two special guests, Austin Richhart's
clients. (Special needs adult women that he cares for in their group
home.) We were thoroughly entertained by one's non stop talking (we
heard her whole life story - non stop - except for the 10 minute
reprieve we got while she was in the bathroom
adding bows with pompoms to her hair or the few minutes she spent
talking to her pink bears explaining how she had adopted them and was
now there mother.) and the others sweet, sweet personality. (Who thinks
both my husband James Richhart and brother, Troy Johnson are very good looking!) The highlight of the night was when the non stop talking lady put frosting on her fingers and began talking to her mother- who has passed away - calling her from Heaven to come taste the delicious icing off her fingers! Never has frosting sugar cookies been so fun!
December 25, 2012 near Murray
Hilarious Christmas Gift: So, James Richhart and I, after 23 Christmases together have a tradition (or call it our gift to each other?) of buying the exact things we really want and then letting the other wrap it and give it from them.
This year James ordered a bunch of motorcycle stuff (that I would never be able to figure out) online and told me,"A couple of things are coming in the mail - just wrap them up for me.". Me, being the dutiful (and lucky) wife did. I didn't even open them, I could see they were from some motorcycle place and just wrapped up every package that came addressed to him. Easy peasy.
So, this morning imagine his excitement when he unwrapped a motorcycle part he returned last month complete with a "rejected return" notice!! HA! Not only was his return rejected (due to lack of original packaging) he got it wrapped and under the tree!
December 29, 2012 near Murray
I
told my kids about the sad news of Russia closing adoptions to US
families and Rylee trying to console me, reminded me that Alex was from
Ukraine not Russia."I know", I replied, "but often times the east
European countries follow Russia's lead and perhaps Ukraine will do the
same thing in the future?" Alex's response was, "Whew! I'm glad you
came and got me when you did or else I would have to live there until I
was 18 and then come find you."
So glad my boy is home and that he didn't have to come "find" us.
So glad my boy is home and that he didn't have to come "find" us.

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment