Thursday, September 1, 2011

Family Update

In bullets!
  • Rylee is in a child's theatrical production of Cinderella. She is cast as a stepsister. Rehearsals started today. Three times a week through October. Yep.
  • Austin is in a kick ball league. No idea when it starts but I did have to sign a wavier about concussions. Makes me a little nervous.
  • Devree is in MAG (Murry Association of Girls) and has early morning meetings each Tuesday. Luckily they're not that early and Austin has agreed to get her to school by 7:30 instead of their regular start time of 7:50.
  • Kambree is loving school. Loving her roommates. Meet a new guy named Riley. Which will be weird if anything comes of that, so let's hope it doesn't. (Sorry Kam.) 
  • Alex is getting an F in Utah Studies. Nice. But according to all his older siblings it's not his fault but his teachers as she's "stupid" and "scatterbrained". And since the only missing assignment he has is a chapter test he said he turned in yesterday, I'm thinking the older siblings might be right? Great. A stupid teacher. Just what we need. (He's getting A's in all his other classes -except one where he's getting a B.)
  • James is home and attempting to fix all the broken things around the house. Like the latch to the back hatch of my Sequoia and the window that won't roll down. Apparently the window issue is a factor glitch but because it's not a safety issue, Toyota is not replacing it for free. Their solution? Just shut the hatch hard or bang on it until the motor kicks in and starts working again. Great. (Cost of motor? $300. Yep. I'm going with the slamming option.)
  • Dance classes start this week. Ry has Senior Starletts on Monday nights for two hours. Devree has class on Thursday nights for an hour and 1/2.
  • Austin has decided to take piano lessons with everyone else. I was worried it was because we have such a cute piano teacher but he assures me it's because he really wants to learn to play the piano. He plays all the time, just his own compositions.
  • Austin is also the lead singer in a band. Yes, you read that right. A band. Haven't heard or seen said band but he and his friends have organized a band and plan to play at various busy locations with the hopes of people just dropping money in their hat. He told me I could come if I brought ten dollars. I suggested I bring drinks and treats and he said that would be okay too. I will certainly be bringing my camera too!
  • Devree has a little job babysitting my cousins kids every Tuesday night for a few hours. 
  • Austin has been scheduled back at the bakery starting next Saturday. Woot! He's working!!
  • James is busy ordering fabric and labels to continue manufacturing and selling the Glummy. He's got a connection that has sold a few to some gas stations and they want more!
  • Kambree's coming home this weekend because I lured her home with a family water ski trip scheduled for Saturday. 
  • I started a new cleaning schedule of the house when the kids went back to school. The fact that the only new news about me is this pathetic tid-bit of information tells you so much about my life right now. Boring.
  • Devree passed her written driving exam and now has her learners permit. She LOVES driving and is always suggesting we go places where she can drive. It's going to be a long year.
  • Alex had a lesson on scrubbing his "boy" neck. I'm not sure what it is but boys tend to get this brown, flaky, dirty gunk on their neck. I have asked him to scrub his neck better for a couple of weeks but he claims it's just a "tan". I took him upstairs and with a washcloth and soap and lots of giggles - because he is so ticklish - scrubbed his "tan" off.  I remember doing the same thing for Austin at this age.
  • Austin and Devree are both in performances choirs this year and have the opportunity to go on choir tour. This will require them each coming up with close to $600. I agreed to pay 1/2 which means they need to come up with the other half. So, if you need an muscle (Austin) or babysitting (Devree) let them know.
  • Rylee's school is selling Happenings Books. She sold one to my mom. Austin and Devree came home two days later announcing that they too are selling Happenings Books to raise money for their choir tour. My cute nephew Tyler just showed up trying to peddle one to me from his school. What the heck? That's three different schools all in our area having the same fundraiser. Someone didn't think that through very well.
  • Oh, here is something more about me. I am addicted to Pinterest. If you don't know what that is, then just forget about it. Trust me. You do not want to know anything more. If you are into Pinterest - let me know so I can follow you too!
And that's all I can think of for now. Over and out!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

steph said...

Augh!! PInterest! I, too, am addicted! Except I don't really know how it works. I just go to pinterestdotcom five times a day to check out whatever happens to show up. My oldest girlie and I are thoroughly enjoying ourselves:). Just a heads up-the tie dye fingernail painting is not nearly as easy as it is described. But, an hour later, they are stylin'! Your life sounds similar to mine, just a few different activites. I love and look forward to rearranging the job chart and schedule though. Super nerdy... Oh well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails