Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hodge Podge Of Pictures!

Rylee's "Spaghetti" Cake....


We thought we'd try to fool the family and set it out for dinner!
(She saw this done on cupcakes and I told her we should try it as a cake. It's a white cake - baked in my barbie doll dress pan - I think a bowl would work too? Then the canned frosting is tinted with a bit of cocoa to make the right color for "noodles".  Frost the entire cake lightly with some of the frosting then stick rest in a ziplock with a small hole in the corner and squeeze  all over the cake to make the "noodles". The "meatballs" are made out of Ferroroche's, dipped in strawberry jam and placed strategically on the "noodles", grate white chocolate over all as "parmesan cheese" and wha-la......Spaghetti Cake!) 


I grew basil for the first time this year and had my first "pesto day" with Amy & Sara!

Here's last weeks harvest out of our garden:
Hum....what to do with all those HUGE zucchini's?
Send them to school to Rylee's teacher!
(The three older girls all have the same teacher!)
We thought it would be so funny, luckily their teacher thought so too! 
4 down 5 to go!

I canned chili sauce with 25 pounds of those tomatoes. 
As I poured the last of 36 bottles I noticed two little white balls plop into my bottle. What the heck? AIR SOFT BB's!! Apparently someone shot into the tomatoes?  Someone? Who am I kidding? It was ALEX!!!!
(I just hope I found the only two!)

2 of my blog friends said something...:

The Cook Family said...

WOW, Wendy!!
That's quite the green thumb you have there...congrats on that!! Please explain the spaghetti cake. It looks like something we could have fun with!!!!

steph said...

Wendy! I'm so glad to be able to be back home and able to comment on blogs:) I love growing zucchini and always have tons. We love zucchini bread and so I grate the zucchini and measure it out into the amount required for the recipe and then freeze it. Then in the middle of winter, when there is no zucchini to be found, we can pull it out and make us some bread:) just in case you hadn't already thought of that....

Related Posts with Thumbnails