Monday, September 26, 2011

Homecoming 2011!

 The table.....
The boy before picking up his date.....
 The boy with the middle sister.....
 The boy striking a pose.....
 The boy standing normal for his mothers sake....
 The boy holding the dog that the littlest sister dressed for homecoming too.....
 The boy saying "This is the last picture Mom!"
Setting out the appetizer while waiting for the group to arrive...
 The littlest sister/waitress lighting the candles.....

 The couple.....
 The group.....
 At the table...
 As the night got darker, the night got more romantic.
A shot without the flash....
  And with the flash....
 The groovy ride....




The chef & the waitress....

As much as Austin will hate me blogging about this.... 
I am going to.
I was so impressed with this group of kids. (My kitchen sits around the corner from this dining area so they couldn't see me but I could hear everything!)
They were so polite and well mannered towards each other. The girls were dressed so modest and were just beautiful and the boys smelled so good and were so handsome but my favorite part?
That they offered a prayer before they ate.
Warmed my mothers heart.
That and all the compliments.

The menu consisted of :
Shrimp Cocktail
Orange Julius
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Roll
Chicken Cord on Bleu
Asparagus
Rice Pilaf
Fudge Mint Draping Cake

Overheard comments:
"Wow. If we were at a restaurant we could never afford all this."
"This is so great, we should do this every time."
"This is so awesome I can't help smiling."
"Austin, do you always eat like this?"
"I bet we're having the best dinner ever."

Seriously.
How can you NOT love making a fancy dinner when the kids are this complimentary? 

Cost:
New purple shirt & corsage?
$35
Groceries for dinner?
$60
Pulling this off without burning, dropping, forgetting and/or spilling anything for this awesome group of kids?
Priceless.





6 of my blog friends said something...:

Michelle said...

You are my hero! When I grow up I want to be like you, Wendy! So fun!

Stacy said...

That is so awesome. I hope that I can do that for my kiddos when they get to be that age. Way to go cool mom!

Heidi gail walls said...

Way to go Wendy! glad it all went well. Miss all of you guys!

Jen said...

Love the van! Where in the world do you find something like that??

Christine B. said...

cool stuff......love your blog

( my travel one is swissmiss1996)

steph said...

ditto Jen. love the van!! whose sweet ride is that?? also wondering if you ever heard back from any other teachers... as we have started the school fun now. wheeeeeee

Related Posts with Thumbnails