I've just spent the morning blog lurking. Yes, the best thing to do when I should be finishing the laundry, making work phone calls, grocery shopping or just cleaning up after the kids breakfast mess but instead I'm lost in blog land.
I follow quite a few blogs but no one seems to be writing much these days so I went lurking. I follow a fabulous blog that a woman keeps who has also adopted from Ukraine-her boys have RAD and attachment disorders so I started clicking on some of the blogs she follows and all I can say is....
Wowza!!
How did I get so lucky to get my Alex? (Should I even say that out loud?) I've read so many heart wrenching stories/post about kids with severe attachment disorders and my heart just aches for these blog moms. I've got nothing on these moms. Kids lashing out verbally and physically. Sick kids with a sickness hardly anyone understands. Oh so sad.
So I'm saying it out loud....we are blessed. Alex (knock on wood) is a piece of cake all things considered and not only are we blessed with Alex but with all of our children.
I need to appreciate all of them more and find more joy in this parenting thing. I feel as if I have a permanent frown cress between my eyes sometimes. I'm always complaining and over whelmed. Why? Really Wendy, why? (Yes I am having a conversation with myself on my own blog-perhaps I need therapy-oh wait, this IS my therapy!)
So, thank you blog moms that put your hearts out there not only with your adopted Ukraine kids but with the world on your blog. You are an inspiration to me.
I am now going to get to all those things I SHOULD be doing and get off my computer all while attempting to smile and soften the frown cress between my eyes!
I follow quite a few blogs but no one seems to be writing much these days so I went lurking. I follow a fabulous blog that a woman keeps who has also adopted from Ukraine-her boys have RAD and attachment disorders so I started clicking on some of the blogs she follows and all I can say is....
Wowza!!
How did I get so lucky to get my Alex? (Should I even say that out loud?) I've read so many heart wrenching stories/post about kids with severe attachment disorders and my heart just aches for these blog moms. I've got nothing on these moms. Kids lashing out verbally and physically. Sick kids with a sickness hardly anyone understands. Oh so sad.
So I'm saying it out loud....we are blessed. Alex (knock on wood) is a piece of cake all things considered and not only are we blessed with Alex but with all of our children.
I need to appreciate all of them more and find more joy in this parenting thing. I feel as if I have a permanent frown cress between my eyes sometimes. I'm always complaining and over whelmed. Why? Really Wendy, why? (Yes I am having a conversation with myself on my own blog-perhaps I need therapy-oh wait, this IS my therapy!)
So, thank you blog moms that put your hearts out there not only with your adopted Ukraine kids but with the world on your blog. You are an inspiration to me.
I am now going to get to all those things I SHOULD be doing and get off my computer all while attempting to smile and soften the frown cress between my eyes!

6 of my blog friends said something...:
It's so funny how we all need to be reminded to be grateful (myself more than anyone). I remember when my first one was born many weeks early and I remember praying that if he would just survive I would be happy. Then, once survival seemed assured, I prayed that if he would just be 'normal' I would be satisfied. Now he's as 'normal' as they come - he watches too much TV, wrestles too much with his brother, forgets to do his homework...totally 'normal' behavior for an 11-year-old. And now I act like I want 'perfect'. Great post.
I am so sorry that the "Bloggers" are neglecting their sites....I felt the same way as I noticed the same thing lately.. Only you and a few people are blogging and I read it each day....Even Facebook... I can put the most sad thing in it, and no one would respond... People are taking important things for granted....I have mentioned "death" in Facebook , no one responded, I have mentioned many funny things in facebook, no one responded...I have posted the cutest and funny videos on facebook , and no one responded.....I ask about why no one respond to Facebook, no one responded....So, I feel like you do.... I felt out of the loop and getting tired....I am keeping up on my blog mostly, and about Facebook... what's the point? I love hearing from people.... this was a fun thing to do ....But it had become a thing of the past.... if I need to know how my friends are doing, I will have to click on each side, as I have and wrote them a sweet note and Not one response ! except for you and one handful of my friends... we are becoming the "Virtual" friends of the future on this life.... even for some kids, they have no time for their parents either.... ( Except for mine) Wendy, I care about you and please, don't give up, I depend on your blog to feel some touch with a family that I knew for many years,they meant a lot to me . Also, to make you feel better, read from my blog on "Lisa" she felt like you somewhat yesterday too.. maybe it was the weather.... hey , I will do my best to write more often..... You are too goo of a person to neglect....~Aunt Christine~
To not take things for granted, read from my blog on a friend of Robert that just lost their daughter at age 29 with 3 children.... She had cancer and created this blog herself, about her life with Cancer and that she will beat it.....Very moving and the pictures with her own blog a week before she passed away..... Once I read this... I have no complains.....The name is under "KIM" in my blog list on the very end....check it out ! Love you nieceeeee!
I forgot... her name is "Kim Miller" read from the bottom up as the top is about the fund raising and her parents after the funeral as you will see pictures of the burial and about Kim writing her own journal....
I'm watching...!:) We all need the reminder that we are blessed. Thanks for lunch yesterday. It was much needed therapy for me. I feel the love coming back...:).
There's nothing like looking at other people's problems to find out yours aren't so bad. I laughed at you talking to yourself on your own blog.
Post a Comment