I realized on Thursday that I hadn't photographed soccer. I quickly realized that soccer is not easy to photograph. I took these pictures standing as close as I could without actually being on the field and zooming my little digital camera in as far as it would go. (Apparently I have a wimpy camera?)
I started with Alex's game.
He's the boy in long red shorts. This is him running....

This is his amazing karate chop movement-note the ball!

Even when he did get close I managed to only get the backside of him.

Or the ref would stand in the way-here's the best front on shot I got out of 25!

Then we moved to Rylee's game and it got worse because the sun was going down.
That's her in the back with the sticker on her forehead. (She wore the sticker to distract the other team....her idea.)

She played really well and even scored a goal (of course before I got there!) but rather than put more of these far away, backside, dark and grainy pictures-that you can't even tell who's who in-here is one I snapped during team photo's two weeks ago.

Now back to our dark night...
Rylee and Rachael after the game

I started with Alex's game.
He's the boy in long red shorts. This is him running....
This is his amazing karate chop movement-note the ball!
Even when he did get close I managed to only get the backside of him.
Or the ref would stand in the way-here's the best front on shot I got out of 25!
Then we moved to Rylee's game and it got worse because the sun was going down.
That's her in the back with the sticker on her forehead. (She wore the sticker to distract the other team....her idea.)
She played really well and even scored a goal (of course before I got there!) but rather than put more of these far away, backside, dark and grainy pictures-that you can't even tell who's who in-here is one I snapped during team photo's two weeks ago.
Now back to our dark night...
Rylee and Rachael after the game
Alex and Rylee
(I think posed pictures are so much easier than action shots!)
(I think posed pictures are so much easier than action shots!)
Is it me or do they look like they're real brother and sister? Well of course they're real but you know...like blood related? Look how cute Alex is with his arm wrapped around Ry. Yep....those are my soccer playing babies!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
I've been trying to take soccer pics for years - your first attempts with a small lens are better than my most recent ones with a lens the size of a small car.
They are very cute. They actually look like they might like each other! :) Good to see you last night, we didn't get to talk though. We'll catch up soon I'm sure.
Post a Comment