Dear Gentleman Turning Left Behind Me On 9th East,
Although I could have sped through the yellow turn light and allowed you to run the red one, I opted to stop as I have a 15 year old in my car with a learners permit. In an effort to be a good example and a safety conscious parent, I choose to wait for the next green light.
I saw you-in my rear view mirror hit your palms against your steering wheel and then tap impatiently as we waited for the next green arrow. I also could not help but notice as you sped around me (illegally) when we did (2 minutes later) get the green turn arrow the lovely gesture you made towards me with your middle finger.
How becoming of a grown man. What a fine example you were to my young son who aspires to someday soon carouse these very streets.
As luck would have it, you were headed the same direction as we were and we were able to observe you swerve around other cars, screech around the corners and follow much to closely the cars in front of you as you continued down the road.
My son, who also saw your lovely finger salute was trying to convince me to get closer so he could throw the remains of his hamburger at your vehicle. I was tempted. But opted to teach this young bear cub of mine a lesson. As we followed you for a mile or two, watching your erratic and angry driving that got you ONE car length ahead of us, my son and I talked about what an imbecile you must be. And since you were speeding to the Costco parking lot- not like you were rushing to witness the birth of a child, perform emergency surgery or rescue a sick kid from school-chances of you having an emergency/life threatening event/bathroom issues were slim and none. Were you afraid they'd run out of something @ Costco? Please....
My son and I discussed how driving in such a manner didn't really get you anywhere faster, made those around you unsafe or at the very least-feel unsafe, and that you may-if not already-have blood pressure issues, ulcers or headaches due to your raging anger and frustration to the world around you.
Thank you for being such a stellar example of manhood, dignity and respect.
Although we spoke, your actions taught my son more than my words ever could.
Sincerely,
Austins Mom
PS (Throwing the hamburger at your vehicle was tempting-and as my son pointed out, our car could totally blow yours away-yep Infinity G35 vs your mini-SUV type vehicle-but thanks to my mother instincts we did restrain. Next time you may not have a mother in the car or you may run into a hot headed man like yourself. In that event, I hope he has mayo & guacamole on that hamburger, is a good aim and that your sunroof is open!)
Although I could have sped through the yellow turn light and allowed you to run the red one, I opted to stop as I have a 15 year old in my car with a learners permit. In an effort to be a good example and a safety conscious parent, I choose to wait for the next green light.
I saw you-in my rear view mirror hit your palms against your steering wheel and then tap impatiently as we waited for the next green arrow. I also could not help but notice as you sped around me (illegally) when we did (2 minutes later) get the green turn arrow the lovely gesture you made towards me with your middle finger.
How becoming of a grown man. What a fine example you were to my young son who aspires to someday soon carouse these very streets.
As luck would have it, you were headed the same direction as we were and we were able to observe you swerve around other cars, screech around the corners and follow much to closely the cars in front of you as you continued down the road.
My son, who also saw your lovely finger salute was trying to convince me to get closer so he could throw the remains of his hamburger at your vehicle. I was tempted. But opted to teach this young bear cub of mine a lesson. As we followed you for a mile or two, watching your erratic and angry driving that got you ONE car length ahead of us, my son and I talked about what an imbecile you must be. And since you were speeding to the Costco parking lot- not like you were rushing to witness the birth of a child, perform emergency surgery or rescue a sick kid from school-chances of you having an emergency/life threatening event/bathroom issues were slim and none. Were you afraid they'd run out of something @ Costco? Please....
My son and I discussed how driving in such a manner didn't really get you anywhere faster, made those around you unsafe or at the very least-feel unsafe, and that you may-if not already-have blood pressure issues, ulcers or headaches due to your raging anger and frustration to the world around you.
Thank you for being such a stellar example of manhood, dignity and respect.
Although we spoke, your actions taught my son more than my words ever could.
Sincerely,
Austins Mom
PS (Throwing the hamburger at your vehicle was tempting-and as my son pointed out, our car could totally blow yours away-yep Infinity G35 vs your mini-SUV type vehicle-but thanks to my mother instincts we did restrain. Next time you may not have a mother in the car or you may run into a hot headed man like yourself. In that event, I hope he has mayo & guacamole on that hamburger, is a good aim and that your sunroof is open!)

7 of my blog friends said something...:
I love it!! You always make me laugh.
Well said!
Too bad that the man will not see this, but I love the lessons he was able to provide to Austin. Great letter.
Sorry about that - I really needed the jumbo size bag of peanut M&M's and one second longer was just more than I could wait :)
You are HILARIOUS! That just made my day! Loved it!!!
Yes you also make me laugh as well and i could not have said it better myself. Although i might have actually thrown that hamburger though. Yes, i know i'm having a immature moment my bad! i try! have a good weekend!
okay so i probably should not have said that part about me actually probably would have thrown the hamburger. I'm an adult! i take that back- I do not want anyone getting idea's. Your awesome Wendy!
Post a Comment