
living amongst us!
I first became aware of him when a cute little note was left on my chair at dinner.
Then this morning HE MADE MY BED!!
I really wonder who it could be??
Alex has no idea. He came down stairs and asked me. "Mom you make your bed?" No I said. "Oh," he shrugged, "Maybe secret elf? You go look Mom." Yep, sure enough a secret elf had made my bed!! How in the world did Alex know that?? But, whootwhoo!! I LOVE secret Santa elves.
On the other hand, I was getting worried that an evil elf had also invaded our home. I could not find Devree's packet of school pictures anywhere. Now not to brag or toot my own horn but I don't lose things. I don't do piles of clutter and I don't stick things in places where they do not belong. I just don't. Yes, it's hard to live with a person like me that is constantly picking up, reminding others to pick up and running things from room to room to place them in their proper place but that's how I am. Often times I am guilty of putting away dishes, tools, and/or homework before the person using these things is through using them. Again, I can't help it. I'm just that way. So imagine my confusing and dumbfound-ness when I couldn't find Devree's packet of pictures. I must have and evil elf in addition to my cute secret Santa elf.
After pulling apart and cleaning every part of my office hutch, looking through my filing cabinet-three or four times-especially the file where I keep all the pictures. I resorted to looking in odd places throughout the house, thinking maybe I had been under some sort of medication, stress or having some out of body experience when I misplaced these pictures.
So just minutes ago, I was putting my wallet, and envelope of Christmas receipts back in my purse and I walked by Kambree's locker. A thought occurred to me, could the pictures be in this deep, dark hole that Kambree claims as her locker? (I had already thoroughly searched Devree's locker-twice-and I must say that those gene's that possess me to tidy up constantly have been loving passed on to this second daughter-why they skipped the first is beyond me!) And low and behold under piles of papers, books, shoes and other Kambree items-there was Devree's pictures! Hurray! I am not going crazy!! (I was beginning to think I was losing it!)
So I guess there is not an evil elf lurking amongst us after all.
In addition to the secret Santa elf. We have someone giving us a sweet Christmas surprise. Someone is giving us a nativity scene one piece at a time. First we got Mary and last night we got Joseph. I don't know if my secret nativity scene elf reads my blog but if they do.....THANK YOU! WE LOVE IT!
Not only is it a fun thing to look forward to each night. Each little figure has a scripture about the birth of Jesus. This morning in our crazy rush to get breakfast, lunches made and the regular morning rigmarole we didn't have time to read scriptures. (We try to get one verse in per person-but usually were short as a certain older daughter who shall remain nameless- is always rushing around-not ready-eating breakfast on the fly.) So, I grabbed Joseph (and Mary because I hadn't read her scripture to the kids yet) and read the scriptures printed on them. Whew! THANKS AGAIN secret nativity scene elf!
Well, kids are home and work is beckoning me....

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment