It's that time of year. Time to pull the garden out, rake the leaves, chop down the perennials and pull out the annuals! Luckily I have lots of helpers and with enough encouragement, they can really work!
Those earphones of Austin's are sound proof. You can call 'till the cows come home and he can't hear you. After using his Samaria sword (which I unfortunately didn't get pictures of) on the fountain grass he headed back to help the girls on the garden.
Here's Kam & Dev showing off their guns! (Yes, Kam came home for the weekend and we put her to work too! No special treatment here!)
The grass just didn't stand a chance against Austin the mighty Samaria sword wielder!
Rylee helped me clear out the flower beds and plant tulips. Alex volunteered to do leaves as he didn't want to touch the rotten tomatoes. Little did he know he picked the worst job. He was complaining that it was "raining leaves" which is was and still is! The joy of having HUGE trees!
The garbage can's are so full with just garden plants and flowers that we still have this huge pile of leaves in the front yard.
Rylee & Alex had fun playing in it. Rylee was completely covered and Alex hollered, "Mom I can't find Rylee!" And truly, you could not tell she was under there. Luckily she had on her "safety glasses" Are you proud James?
She didn't get all the leaves out of her hair until her bath that night!

3 of my blog friends said something...:
Y'all should compost with all that garden "waste" :)
Brooke! You are so right. Just wish I knew how to do that. I tried once and my compost pile grew a moldy fungus...I need to figure it out better!
You are so lucky to have such great helpers
Post a Comment