A momentous occasion occurred at our house Sunday.
After years of trying. Tears and frustration. Alex has finally figured out how to do a back flip on the trampoline!
But let me tell you a bit about it.
I was out watering the garden and Alex was jumping and Devree (Sensei) came out and imparted her back flipping wisdom to Alex (Young Grasshopper).
Before they really got into it, Alex asked me to squirt the trampoline - because apparently you get more bounce when it's wet?
Hum....no?
First off, he's in pajamas and I don't want them wet and 2nd off the mother in me thinks that's absurd and slippery and could cause one to slide off the tramp and break one's head.
I went inside and about and hour later heard a lot of whopping and hollering and Devree running in to tell me to come watch Alex. I hear Alex yell from the trampoline, "Get the camera Mom!"
He could do a back flip.
He was so very excited and the cutest thing was that Devree was just as excited!
But let me tell you a bit about it.
I was out watering the garden and Alex was jumping and Devree (Sensei) came out and imparted her back flipping wisdom to Alex (Young Grasshopper).
Before they really got into it, Alex asked me to squirt the trampoline - because apparently you get more bounce when it's wet?
Hum....no?
First off, he's in pajamas and I don't want them wet and 2nd off the mother in me thinks that's absurd and slippery and could cause one to slide off the tramp and break one's head.
I went inside and about and hour later heard a lot of whopping and hollering and Devree running in to tell me to come watch Alex. I hear Alex yell from the trampoline, "Get the camera Mom!"
He could do a back flip.
He was so very excited and the cutest thing was that Devree was just as excited!
I asked, "Did you get the trampoline wet?"
Alex replied, "Only with my tears."
And then I asked how this monumental accomplishment came to pass?
They started with this - Alex flipping over Devree.
And then there was a lot of encouraging (yelling) and motivation (threatening) and emotions (tears) and if you want to hear both of them explain it at the same time and catch Alex's very excited dance of exuberance, here is a video. (I also love the end where he wants to go show Brach & Tyler and I tell him no - I think I will video him every time I need to tell him no. He handle's it so better when he's on film!)
This is how hot, sweaty and red faced he was. (This is not computer enhanced. His face was really this red.) Obviously, he had to shower before going to bed, but he did it without complaint.
And I love this little clip in here where Devree glows and says "I am so happy for him!"
Alex told me that now all they have to do is teach Rylee and I to do a back flip and our whole family can do a back flip.
Rylee, yes.
Me?
Are you crazy?
Congrats Alex (and Devree)!

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Seriously, you have the cutest family ever. Alex has great form in that back tuck! He even did a step out in the first one you recorded ;) And him bustin' a move... boy has some rhythm.
Way to go, Alex and Devree. Your hard work paid off!
That is awesome for both A and D.
Post a Comment