Monday, October 17, 2011

Change It Is A Come-en!

Change.
Not sure I like change. 
My friend and gym buddy has this quote on her blog.
Our dilemma is that we hate change and we love change at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.
– Sydney J. Harris
So true.
My change?
#1 I've been released from Young Women's.
#2 I think I have a new job.(Just waiting on a criminal background check)
#3 I have a new iPhone. 
#4 My children have lives and plans of their own and no longer want to hang out with us!

#1 Surprised me a little as I had only been serving for a year and I was so looking forward to going to camp with Rylee this summer. Fortunately the new presidency is fabulous and my girls (all of 'em not just my daughters) are in good hands. The worst is not knowing what my next calling will be.... maybe camp director? (I wish.)

#2 So, I've been working on getting this job for about a year. It's taken me that long just to get my application turned in at the right time. Yes, I applied to Jet Blue. Working reservations out of my home. First there was the difficulty of turning in my application when they were accepting applications. The site crashed 12 times and I had to keep starting over. Then the nerve wracking "computer" interview where I had to answer questions about myself and my customer service experience over the phone with a computer. I passed that and went in for and overview, interview and drug test. Passed all of those and now I'm waiting on a ten year criminal background check. Since I had to jump through the hoops of being fingerprinted and a criminal background check in order to adopt Alex I think I'll pass. I haven't broken too many laws since.
Training starts November 7th and it's FULL TIME!! 7:30 am to 3:30pm. Oh. My. Goodness. What the heck? My hat's off to you moms that work full time. My only saving grace is knowing it's for four weeks and not forever! 
I have wanted to get on with Jet Blue for the flying benefits and after the overview I think I want the medical benefits almost as much!
(No, I am not hanging up my Real Estate shoes - just supplementing.)
I keep telling myself it will be a good thing, I'll be working out of my home and in time, I hope to have a pretty flexible schedule. (Sounds like the first while we be the worst shifts and the most inconvenient time for being a mom!)  We'll see how this goes....wish me luck!

#3 The new iPhone. Oh my. I think I'm going to like it, once I figure it out. It's just the learning process that I hate. My kids laugh at me as I try to figure it out. If I hand it over to them they do whatever I'm trying to figure out so fast that I can't even follow them. Geez.  As mentioned Alex has an iPod touch and for some reason whatever app's he loads go on my phone too. Like I need 500 different race car wallpaper options? I'm sure in time I will get to know my phone and my fat fingers will hit the right letter, and I'll be able to decipher what tone is for what. I took it to church -as I downloaded my scriptures on it - but I couldn't figure out how to mute it. I finally handed it to Austin and he toggled it to mute. A toggle button? An actual manual button? And here I am looking through every setting and sound volume. See what I mean?

#4 The kids have a four day weekend this week, and a 3.5 day weekend next week. We were invited to my friends families cabin - it's beautiful - the cabin AND the setting but mostly importantly, I love the company that we'd be going with. My kids? Don't want to go. "There's nothing to do at the cabin." "I have to work." "It will be boring." "We already went to the cabin." Good grief! After realizing that one child could not go, and the other three did not want to go and the one that did want to go needed to attend her college classes, we just bagged it. We're just staying home. I guess we'll pull the garden out and fertilize the lawn and do all the fun and exciting things we always do. My kids don't get that in order for me (and James) to relax, and play board games and relax some more, I have to leave my house! They of course will sleep in, play  hang out (Alex told me "playing" is for babies) with their precious friends - the real reason no one wants to go away - and then need me to drive them places. Or in Austin's case, work. 
((Sigh))
What happened to the days when I could just load them in the car and go wherever and everyone was just happy to be going somewhere. No one had an opinion or conflicting schedules. We just needed a diaper bag and fruit snacks and we were on our way! Okay, so if it was an overnight trip it took a lot more effort and planning then that and we often times came home more tired and stressed than relaxed but the point is, for a quick jaunt to get something to eat I didn't have to hear 
"No, I don't want to go to Subway, I want McDonald's. I want more Monopoly pieces." 
"McDonald's will make us fat, I want Subway." 
"I don't want either, I want to go to Cafe Rio." 
"I can't go I need to go to work/rehearsals/dance/ hang out with my friend." 
"Can my friend come?" 
Grrr....and they wonder why we don't take them out to eat? 

So, there you have it.
My change.
It's not just coming....it's here!




1 of my blog friends said something...:

Michelle said...

If I was there I'd come "play'! Good luck with your iphone! In time, you will love it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails