Friday, October 14, 2011

My life...

This morning my alarm went off.
I couldn't believe it! 
I had slept through the night! 
Without getting up to go to the bathroom or tossing and turning trying to NOT look at the clock  - telling myself my 5:15 am alarm will be going off any second - only to finally look at the clock and realize it is only 3:30 am! (An every night occurrence!)
I laid there this morning thinking how great I should feel -not waking up and sleeping soundly through the night - but yet, not feeling very rested.
Hum....
I had my little angle/devil talk in my head that I do every morning about getting up to go to the gym.
Angel: Just get up, you know you will feel guilty later. 
Devil: But you could exercise LATER, you don't really have to get up.
Angel: But you know you probably WON'T exercise later, you have a crazy day. Just get up
Devil: Or just go back to sleep.
I decided to listen to Angel - no, she doesn't always win, lately Devil has been a lot more persuasive - I sat up to turn my alarm off - I'm such a light sleeper that I have my alarm on the radio setting at a very low volume. I doubt it even wakes up James on the other side of the bed.
I looked at the clock.
It was 12:01 am !
No wonder I didn't feel rested or wake up or need a bathroom break.
I had been asleep for an hour and 15 minutes!!

Good grief.

(Power glitch earlier in the week had made my clock blink and I reset but apparently forgot about my alarm.)

I set my alarm for the correct time and went back to bed!

3 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

made me laugh, something that would happen to me

Shannon said...

Well now I would have been really jealous if you did get to sleep through the night! Do you know that once, when I was in Jr. High, I showers, got ready and WALKED to school at 3:30!

I commend you for listening to that angel! That little sucker keeps me up too late at night!

Aunt Bev said...

You are too much like me!!! That's how I sleep!((or try to but really don't!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails