Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby wish...

Life has been so incredibly busy that I've only posted pictures but I just had to take a minute this morning to write about Alex. (I should be getting dressed as the tutor and all our Ukraine friends will be here in minutes!)
This morning Alex wrapped his arms around me and laid his head against my chest (which is nothing new-he does this at least three times a day) but today he looked up into my eyes and said
Alex: Me wish me little baby.
Me: You wish you were a little baby?
Alex: Me wish me little baby in yous tummy.
Me: (Scrambling for the right words-picked him up like a little baby-luckily he is very light-and held him just like a little baby) "Oh Alex, maybe you didn't grow in my tummy but you grew in my heart and now you will be my baby forever."
Then he made this statement:
Alex: Big baby.
Me: Yes, you're my big baby.
Then I smothered his forehead with kisses and put him down and he proceed to tell me about the big (tall) man he and James must have seen at the auto parts store.
It was just a minute out of the day, this wish that he had been born to us and it came out of no where but I think it's just about one of the most precious moments I've ever had with Alex.
I have so much more to write about but since I have three minutes until everyone arrives, I'll have to save everything for another post!
Happy Thursday!


8 of my blog friends said something...:

Corbie said...

So so so so so precious.

Stacy said...

That is so sweet. That is a melt your heart moment.

Julee said...

It's moments like this that make you feel like it was all worth it. Thank Heaven for them.

Michelle said...

Those little moments come and go so quickly, that it's good you wrote about so you can always remember it. That was truly sweet and precious! Love that you shared!

Carlin said...

that brought tears to my eyes... he is so tender and sweet.

Lori said...

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes.

Jen said...

Very sweet. I hope I have these moments soon. I'm sure I will and I look forward to it!

Unknown said...

super sweet. It makes being a mother worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails