Each day Alex learns a new word or phrase. Two days ago he picked up "Horrible" (Probably because I told him the combination of bright yellow and red he had on looked horrible-much like Ronald McDonald!) and the same day he learned "Just Kidding". So he spent the day saying something is horrible (like the food I prepared, my hair, someones clothes) and then in the next breath say "Just kidding!"
He has also leaned "delicious" which is a nice break from "yummy" which he says about 10 times every time we sit down to eat. ("Me yummy, yummy, yummy." Or just a string of yummy's while he's eating!)
He's also leaned "never mind" which he used non stop one day by saying "Mom!" me saying "Yes?" and him saying "Never mind!" and then laughing.
Today he learned "Good luck." I was working on the computer and he told me. "Me say you good luck work Mom" then later when I was trying to take a nap he came in and told me "Good luck you sleep Mom!" Which sounded more like an ominous threat then a sincere wish.
Each week I give him a list of spelling words as part of our studying. This week one of his words was "his" and aside from learning to spell I try to get him to use the word in a sentence. "His has Ipod" was his sentence.
But my favorite sentence of all time is "I loves you so much Mom."
He has also leaned "delicious" which is a nice break from "yummy" which he says about 10 times every time we sit down to eat. ("Me yummy, yummy, yummy." Or just a string of yummy's while he's eating!)
He's also leaned "never mind" which he used non stop one day by saying "Mom!" me saying "Yes?" and him saying "Never mind!" and then laughing.
Today he learned "Good luck." I was working on the computer and he told me. "Me say you good luck work Mom" then later when I was trying to take a nap he came in and told me "Good luck you sleep Mom!" Which sounded more like an ominous threat then a sincere wish.
Each week I give him a list of spelling words as part of our studying. This week one of his words was "his" and aside from learning to spell I try to get him to use the word in a sentence. "His has Ipod" was his sentence.
But my favorite sentence of all time is "I loves you so much Mom."

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Sounds like he is picking up the langage pretty well. He will be speaking so well shortly that this will be a distant memory.
Isn't it amazing what sponges childrens' minds are? I have tried several variations on learning a language and the only thing I've mastered (okay, I'm even mediocre at it is pig-latin).
Post a Comment