Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm Walking and Talking....

As mentioned, Alex bought himself some crappy Walkie-Talkies for a dollar at the DI earlier today. After him sneaking them into my office for the third time-trying to talk to me on them-and me hearing nothing and if anything not understanding it at all-we walked down to my Dad's to see if he might have the missing Motorola Walkie-Talkie we already own. (We really do have some nice Walkie-Talkies but having only ONE doesn't do much good.)
Well, we went to the right place. No, he did not have our missing Walkie-Talkie but he gave Alex these:

They're CB radio type Walkie Talkies that my Dad also bought from the DI but for $3 each but they don't work with his boats radio frequency. They are clear as a bell and have a huge range-how huge we just haven't figured out yet but so far you can talk from my Mom's house to ours. Alex was so excited that I think he's still grinning! Luckily we got THREE of them. One for Alex, Brach & Tyler. Each take TEN batteries each. OMGoodness!
I can't decide what is huger, the Walkie-Talkies or Alex's grin!
THANKS GRANDPA!
While I was typing this I looked out to see Alex with his new treasure and his neighborhood friends. I made them pose for me! With their weapons and walkies!

4 of my blog friends said something...:

Andreas said...

What a fun treat for Alex. I remember being that age, and had someone handed me a pair of those walkie-talkies, I can imagine how thrilled I would be! His smile says it all. I'll bet he played for hours with those and their Nerf guns.

Lori said...

That's great Alex has neighborhood friends. I love the giant "walkie-talkies." I happened to notice you spent $28,000 getting Alex. That's how much we've spent, and we don't have a child! That's very depressing.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Hey that is such a cute post! you always post awesome stuff. What a stud muffin!

Corbie said...

What is it with walkie-talkies? I remember wanting some so badly when I was little and my own kids are the same way...there's something magical about them for sure. Adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails