Friday, October 16, 2009

Abominable Austin....

So, Austin really needed new shoes. I had tried to take pictures of shoes on my cell phone while in the store and send them to him for his approval but I got a "I want to go with you." response. So after a week of hit and miss we found an hour together to run to Shopko (Payless is my store of choice for his never ending growth spurt he's seem to have for the past four years.)
Anyway, we managed to find ONE pair of acceptable shoes but hit the Halloween department on the way out and found this incredible Abominable Snow Man costume. Now, if you know me, you know I'm all about costumes and that this is a white furry piece that will certainly come in handy for years to come. AND since it was 1/2 price we just HAD to have it!! (Yes, I know a 2nd pair of shoes was more in line with my budget and certainly more sensible but I just couldn't resist!)


I had Austin try the whole thing on right there in the isle of Shopko and then wanting to scare his sisters at home he left it on and we proceeded to the check stand. I was checking out and oblivious to everything else going on around me and Austin-still in his furry white costume less mask-suddenly raises his hand and say's "I'll do it!"
This is the first I noticed two sweet little old ladies on those electric chair cars in need of someone to drive them back into the store. Austin-who recently obtained his learners permit-is very anxious to drive anything that self propels so he had volunteered for the job. He removed the large feet and hands and we proceeded out with sweet lady #1, he had to help her put her Depends in the trunk and patiently help her get her jacket on. She was a riot. She asked Austin if he was a snow bunny and when she heard he was the Abominable Snow Man she told him how she remembered that guy, how he "scared the hell out of everyone" running around the woods. By the time we got her in the car, sweet lady number 2 was out and he helped her in the car and then slowly rode the 2nd electric chair back into the store.
I asked him if he was embarrassed riding those chairs in with his fuzzy white suit on. Nope, he said. I didn't know anyone and if I did they wouldn't care anyway.
Yep, that's my good Samaritan Snow Man helping little old ladies to their cars!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Matty and Jen-i said...

That costume is pretty scary! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails