Mom, you cooking dinner?
Mom, you working?
Mom, you talk-en phone?
Mom, school today?
Mom, me have green lunch (box)?
Mom, home at three today?
Mom, where you go?
Mom, when you be home?
Mom, where Dad?
Mom, what Austin say?
Mom, what Rylee doing?
Mom, what you say me?
And the questions continue....
Alex has taken up question asking as his form of conversation. It wouldn't be so bad if they were legitimate questions but ALL the questions above he...
A: knows the answer for
Like Alex, what color lunch box do you always have? Green.
What time do you always come home from school? 3:00.
Or he could...
B: easily look around and discover the answer himself.
Like, where Dad is, if I'm on the phone, or am I standing in front of the stove cooking something at dinner time?
Or are just
C: none of his business.
Like what it is Rylee is doing, or Austin saying or I'm going.
And that last question he asks when I am obviously talking to someone in the same room as him and I've usually been talking to them for a few interchanges then he pipes in with a "Mom what you say me?"
I try to breath deep. "No honey, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Kambree."
I've taken up trying to answer his questions with a question.
"Alex, do you see Dad?"
"No."
"Me either, maybe you could go find him?"
or
"Alex, what day is today?"
"Monday"
"Is Monday a school day?"
"Yes"
I know I shouldn't but sometimes I just give him the wrong answer for the questions that he no doubt already knows. For example: he is always asking about James and I leaving for our cruise at the end of the month. I've gone over it with him about 10 times.
Yes, we leave on the 25th.
We'll be gone for four days.
We'll be back on the 29th.
When he asked for the 11th time yesterday how long we would be gone I nonchalantly said, "Twenty days."
"WHAT?" he says, "No four days!!"
"Alex, if you knew the answer then why did you ask?"
No response.
Give me strength.....
Mom, you working?
Mom, you talk-en phone?
Mom, school today?
Mom, me have green lunch (box)?
Mom, home at three today?
Mom, where you go?
Mom, when you be home?
Mom, where Dad?
Mom, what Austin say?
Mom, what Rylee doing?
Mom, what you say me?
And the questions continue....
Alex has taken up question asking as his form of conversation. It wouldn't be so bad if they were legitimate questions but ALL the questions above he...
A: knows the answer for
Like Alex, what color lunch box do you always have? Green.
What time do you always come home from school? 3:00.
Or he could...
B: easily look around and discover the answer himself.
Like, where Dad is, if I'm on the phone, or am I standing in front of the stove cooking something at dinner time?
Or are just
C: none of his business.
Like what it is Rylee is doing, or Austin saying or I'm going.
And that last question he asks when I am obviously talking to someone in the same room as him and I've usually been talking to them for a few interchanges then he pipes in with a "Mom what you say me?"
I try to breath deep. "No honey, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Kambree."
I've taken up trying to answer his questions with a question.
"Alex, do you see Dad?"
"No."
"Me either, maybe you could go find him?"
or
"Alex, what day is today?"
"Monday"
"Is Monday a school day?"
"Yes"
I know I shouldn't but sometimes I just give him the wrong answer for the questions that he no doubt already knows. For example: he is always asking about James and I leaving for our cruise at the end of the month. I've gone over it with him about 10 times.
Yes, we leave on the 25th.
We'll be gone for four days.
We'll be back on the 29th.
When he asked for the 11th time yesterday how long we would be gone I nonchalantly said, "Twenty days."
"WHAT?" he says, "No four days!!"
"Alex, if you knew the answer then why did you ask?"
No response.
Give me strength.....

2 of my blog friends said something...:
I know the feeling...my friend posted this and reminded me to have perspective http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK6h1dfy2o&feature=player_embedded . Good luck!
You never fail to make me laugh out loud.
Post a Comment