Monday, October 5, 2009

Help...I'm missing my right arm!!

So, knowing myself and my children would be out of town over UEA I took my computer in to be serviced late Wednesday night. I needed to update my virus protection and I kept getting a low memory alert and having to run the clean up manager about five times a day. I asked them how long they would need to keep my right arm. (I really did say that!) Oh, just a COUPLE of days. Great! I'll be here first thing on Monday morning to pick it up. Over the 4 day weekend, I didn't get any calls-they were suppose to call me with what they recommended as far a additional memory-which was my first clue that my awesome plan of getting my computer back as promised was not going to happen. I left a message at 6:30 this morning and then showed up at ten. True to my premonition-it wasn't ready but was on "the bench". It should be done by 2pm today. It is now 2:30 and still no calls to discuss the memory issue.
How am I writing this you may ask? Well, Kambree had a paper due today so she borrowed my mom's laptop-not realizing that we wouldn't have any service at the cabin so last night she frantically kicked it out. Laptop is still here so I can check email but I can't do a whole lot else like balance my check book, downloading and blogging about our fabulous weekend, print up fact sheets, (notice how work fell below blogging?) and all the other things I do throughout the day all day on my computer!!
AHHH my best laid plans!

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails