Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dating, Wonton's & Marriage

Today while waiting for Devree's choir concert to start out of the blue Alex turns to me and says:
Alex: How old I be to have girlfriend?
Me: Umm... (a bit startled) You can start dating when you're sixteen.
Alex: What dating?
Me: Like going out and having fun together. To dinner or a movie.
Alex: Oh (and he makes the rubbing his fingers and thumb together sign for money.)
Me: Yes, it cost money.
Alex: (Talking across me to Austin) Austin-why you no girlfriend?
Me: Honey, he's not sixteen yet.
Alex: You birthday- you get girlfriend go on date!
Austin: (Cracking up) Yeah, sure Alex.

On Sunday when we got out of the car in the downtown parking lot we saw our friends the Waltons. Kambree said, "Look Mom, the Waltons!" and the Alex piped in "Look Mom. the Wontons!" I burst out laughing and and later told Amy. I'm afraid she'll be Amy Wonton from now on, luckily she has a fabulous sense of humor and thinks it's funny too!

Later tonight he asked me how old he has to be to get married.
I asked him if he has someone in mind? "NO!" he said emphatically. (I'm sort of doubting this with all this talk about girlfriends and now marriage. I don't know if you've notice but he is terribly handsome and I don't doubt he makes some 5th graders heart all a flutter!)
I told him he should be at least 23 or older but mostly he just has to find a good girl that will be a good mom and wife. And he piped in, "And a good baker!" Yes, a good baker is very important!


1 of my blog friends said something...:

Jen said...

Wonton! I laughed out loud. That is too funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails