Alex LOVES onions.
One night when he first came home I went to tuck him into bed and kiss him goodnight and was blown away by his onion breath! Apparently he eats them like apples! (My eyes are watering just thinking about biting into an onion like an apple!)
My girlfriend, Amy finds it so funny she's rewarded him with an onion and sent onions over as a gift just for him. He proudly reminds me which specific onion is his in the fridge.
Lately he hasn't been eating them like apples because he'd rather have me kiss him goodnight. (Give me a break-I don't kiss James when he has onion breath either!)
He also brags that onions do not make him cry. And since my baby blues are super sensitive to the sun, the air in my car blowing on them and onions, I play upon his cocky nature and demurely ask Alex to help me with dinner each and every night onion chopping is part of the recipe.
Friday night I had called everyone in for help putting dinner together and ask Alex to take care of the onion chopping. It was a potent one too. And before he knew it, his eyes started to water. Rylee-being the younger sister and knowing how often Alex toots his horn about his super human immunity to crying while cutting onions-pointed this out to him to which he shrugged off and said, "Me American now-my eyes cry!"
Ha, ha, ha!
Then he went and put on his sunglasses. (Not because he didn't want us to see his eyes water but because he felt they protected his eyes!)
What a funny boy.
One night when he first came home I went to tuck him into bed and kiss him goodnight and was blown away by his onion breath! Apparently he eats them like apples! (My eyes are watering just thinking about biting into an onion like an apple!)
My girlfriend, Amy finds it so funny she's rewarded him with an onion and sent onions over as a gift just for him. He proudly reminds me which specific onion is his in the fridge.
Lately he hasn't been eating them like apples because he'd rather have me kiss him goodnight. (Give me a break-I don't kiss James when he has onion breath either!)
He also brags that onions do not make him cry. And since my baby blues are super sensitive to the sun, the air in my car blowing on them and onions, I play upon his cocky nature and demurely ask Alex to help me with dinner each and every night onion chopping is part of the recipe.
Friday night I had called everyone in for help putting dinner together and ask Alex to take care of the onion chopping. It was a potent one too. And before he knew it, his eyes started to water. Rylee-being the younger sister and knowing how often Alex toots his horn about his super human immunity to crying while cutting onions-pointed this out to him to which he shrugged off and said, "Me American now-my eyes cry!"
Ha, ha, ha!
Then he went and put on his sunglasses. (Not because he didn't want us to see his eyes water but because he felt they protected his eyes!)
What a funny boy.

3 of my blog friends said something...:
Lol, how funny is he. I think that is so cute, "me American eyes." He might change his mind about weating onions like apples one day, like when girls don't have germs anymore.
Can I borrow Alex next time I need an onion cut up?
So funny! Matthew's grandpa eats them that way too, apparently it's pretty common for people who lived through the depression. (He's 94!)
I don't kiss Matt when he's been within two feet of onions any time within the last two days... I am with you there!
Post a Comment