Sad day today.
Kambree left for college.
It wasn't as bad as last year but still hard to see her go. I know it's only hard for me - she was just shooting sparks! So excited to get back to college life. I truly am happy for her, just a little melancholy for me.
Hugs good bye!
(Austin was at scout camp, James still at work)
Love this picture of her with Ella (even though I can't get it to rotate!)
Official First Day Of School Photo
(Even though classes don't start until next week!)
Thursday, James and I will drive the truck down with her desk and big stuff. She had her car loaded up with clothes, food and bedding and she was off!
(Sigh)
I also attended my neighbors funeral with Devree.
He was actually only 49 not 53 - like his daughter told me!
I helped with the luncheon afterwords and then left Devree to hang out with Jessica and went home to see how Alex was fairing as he'd been left home alone to keep an eye on the neighbors house during the funeral. (Apparently there's a band of thieves that target homes during funerals?)
He had Brach with him and they were doing fine.
Rylee was at her call-back for a youth production of Cinderella. (Thanks to my sister for getting her there as the funeral ran longer than expected!)
Devree and I had food at the luncheon so I offered to make the boys dinner. Alex told me not to make anything too difficult (he's so thoughtful & sweet sometimes) so I suggested mac & cheese with hot dogs. (Not something I usually make and/or have around) Both boys eyes lit up!
Upon serving this fancy feast (along with a side of peas for some sort of nutrition) Alex said, "Thank you for "preserving" this dinner for me mom." (I think he meant preparing!)
On a happier note, Rylee was cast as Anastasia - one of the step sisters! So excited. Character parts are the best!
All the kids except Alex head back to school Monday. I think they're all ready and looking forward to it. Even Austin - though he won't admit it.
Alex LOVED junior high. He didn't have a whole lot to say except he shared that he couldn't open his locker and the principle tried to help him and then he realized he was at the WRONG locker.
He came right home and drew a picture for art. That was all he had for homework. That and seven different disclosures for me to sign.
Alex made over $40 mowing lawns this week. (He was covering Austin's job while he was at scout camp and mowed for my parents.) With that much money burning a hole in his pocket, he just couldn't wait to spend it! He rode his bike with Brach to Gardner Village this morning and bought us all treats. He spent $10 on his family - according to Brach. He bought us treats last week too - those suckers that look like cut glass? Not realizing he had bought them specifically for us, when offered, I declined and so did Kambree -as they're pretty yucky. He felt a little bad that we didn't want one. (Later he admitted he didn't like them either.) So, his quest today was to get us something we liked!
The girls were smart. They told him exactly what they wanted. I on the other hand told him I loved chocolate but not with nuts and that he couldn't go wrong at the bakery. Unfortunately, Brach convinced him that those dry Mexican Wedding Cookies covered in powdered sugar and made with NUTS would be great. Not wanting to hurt his feelings for a second time, I choked one of the two down in front of him. Later Rylee came in and gave me some of her fudge in exchange for one of my cookies. Thanks Ry. Next time I'll just come out and tell him what I want too.
Oh, and here's is what happened to Austin's car while he was away.
The girls were smart. They told him exactly what they wanted. I on the other hand told him I loved chocolate but not with nuts and that he couldn't go wrong at the bakery. Unfortunately, Brach convinced him that those dry Mexican Wedding Cookies covered in powdered sugar and made with NUTS would be great. Not wanting to hurt his feelings for a second time, I choked one of the two down in front of him. Later Rylee came in and gave me some of her fudge in exchange for one of my cookies. Thanks Ry. Next time I'll just come out and tell him what I want too.
Oh, and here's is what happened to Austin's car while he was away.
There is also a road thingy IN the car too.

2 of my blog friends said something...:
My word. I teared up looking at the pics of your baby leaving for college. Good luck to me in eight years. Or five if we ever get the boys home:) Loved your comments on my post. I died when I read about the #1. Oh. My. Gosh!!! How fun for your girls to be into theater. I love when my kids love something that I love. It makes it so fun! As for the wrong locker? I STILL have recurring dreams/nightmares where I can't find the right locker. And school was a LONG time ago for me...
I remember going to college and having my car look like that. It was such a great time for me and such a sad time for my mom. {{hugs}} Take care and have a good time with Alex today.
Post a Comment