Monday, October 13, 2008

The Last Meeting Before Alexey Comes....

Last night the hosting parents met to go over last minute airport instructions, and activities planned for the children. They have some fun activities planned but I'm so afraid the weather may not cooperate. Most actives are outside like riding horses up in the mountains, the zoo, outside games and picnics and as mentioned....yesterday we had SNOW!
The best part of the meeting was meeting some children already here and adopted that came from the Ukraine orphanages. I wish I had thought to take their pictures. (I need to get better about that!) I met the Hunters two children Alex and Anastasia. Beautiful children. Alex is 12 and Anastasia is 15. They've been here for a year and a half and their English was great. They agreed to come over on Sunday and translate so we can communicate with Alexy.
I can't believe he'll be here on Saturday!!
We also learned about the benefit concert on November 1st and the raffle. I get to sale raffle tickets and concert tickets. Raffle tickets are $5 each and sometime soon I'll get a list of prizes and you can choose were you want your raffle ticket to go. The concert is $15 and the 2nd Generation Osmonds are performing as well as three very talented women (a mom and two daughters) on nine foot piano's. (I guess the longer the piano the more prestigious? I have no idea, they just mentioned how long the piano's were about 5 times in the meeting!) All the money raised goes to the Foundation to pay for the cost associated in getting the kids over here. It cost about $100,000 per group. Let me know if you'd like a raffle ticket or concert ticket. You do not have to be present to win at the raffle.
We also had to practice a song, I guess we - as host families -  are part of this benefit concert. (Who knew?)

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Lindsay said...

Wendy! Good luck! I can't wait for you guys to meet him this weekend. I hope everything turns out how you want it. If you need help with anything, please let me know. I'm sure you'll have a lot to blog about over the next couple of weeks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails