James came home last night and Lex greeted him like he'd known him all his life. "Papa!" Then he jumped on his bike to show him his new found skill. The night was relatively calm. I had made Beef Stroganoff and Lex picked the beef out and refused to eat brussel spouts. (Believe it or not my kids love brussel sprouts-they argue over how many they can have.) But don't worry, he's not starving here. I made him an egg to make up for his lack of protein at dinner, then he had a banana, later we all shared a pomegranate. I made cookies as we were hit by "The Halloween Phantom" last night (He wanted to know if the cookies I had wrapped up on plates I was selling for money?) I couldn't even try to explain door bell ditching. He had a cookie even though he turned up his nose at the chocolate chips and then right before bed he begged me to make him eggs...again! I think he had an apple sometime too.
He got up early this morning and we turned on cartoons, Ry got up too and we all watched cartoons until it was time to make breakfast. The worse part is it was a cartoon about Kenny The Shark going to the dentist and getting his teeth yanked out with pliers AND we're going to the dentist tomorrow!
Here we are watching TV:
This morning I made hash browns and eggs and I thought 10 eggs would feed us all....nope! I think I may need to invest in a few chickens!
He and "Papa" had a game of "money, money, money" but it only lasted about 10 minutes. (Morning times he has a very short attention span.) Then they both rode bikes up to Rylee's school.
We went to a fun activity with the other orphans at "Bouncing Off The Walls" and we checked Rylee out to go with us. He LOVED playing air hockey and he took lots of pictures. (Note to self, don't complain anymore that there are not any pictures of you in your scrap book....you are not photogenic and belong behind the camera!)
We then went to McDonald's for lunch. McDonald's is apparently a universal word, he even drew a happy meal box to show us what he was talking about. However, James and I decided to go through the Arby's drive in for our own food and then to McDonalds. Alexy was almost in tears and frantically trying to convey he wanted to go to McDonalds. We finally made it to McDondals - much to his relief - and he got another Hot Wheels car in his meal. He polished off his entire Happy Meal and then finished all of Ry's and my fries. And then of course he proclaimed, "Da doma" and he's been riding his bike, riding the scooter, trying to fly his kite and now playing with his cars. (All in the last 1/2 hour!)
Since my "first kiss" yesterday he's given me about 20 more. Mostly on the cheeks, a few right on the lips. Always in private when it's just the two of us. He'll come in while I'm sitting at the computer and lay his head on my shoulder and sigh a "maa-ma". James thinks he's playing me, I think he loves the idea of having a mama.
I was reflecting yesterday as I washed the dishes. 10 years ago this month I had a tubal miscarriage. I remember it every time the leaves change color. It's sort of a melancholy time for me, the whole experience lasted just about a month and I was devastated. I had wanted that baby so badly. Had I carried the baby to term he would have been born at the end of July. Lexy's birthday is in July 28th, Interesting....hu?
Anyway, I need to thank all of you for your sweet comments, supportive emails and love and concern. I didn't go into this anticipating I would bare so much of my soul, I thought it just be fun and sweet and I began blogging to keep James in the loop as he missed the first four days. But I realize as I find snatches of time to blog that this is more for me than for anyone and now that James is home he'll never check my blog but I'm going to keep it up just for me....and for Alexy.....

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment