I finally feel like I've done something to start this adoption process!! McKay (our awesome social worker) asked "if you'd like you can send me your home study papers or if you'd rather wait until our visit that's okay too." Well, you don't have to ask me twice! I've been collecting them for weeks and I happily scanned and email them off within 10 minutes of reading her email. Poor McKay, I hope she has a lot of room in her in-box! We're scheduled to meet with her on the 21st for our interview. For those of you following this blog and considering approaching the same adventure, here is what I had to submit for the home study:
I got a great email from Yuri, who talked me down from my frenzy of questions and concerns. I would post it but then you would all see how ridiculous I'm being. He even promised to have his contact get a hold of Lex to confirm he's okay, that he still wants to come here (I'm just a little paranoid after reading so many blogs where children are unavailable or choose not to be adopted) and to encourage him to write me, because I'm a basket case. (He didn't say I'm a "basket case" but I'm pretty sure he's thinking that!)
Today I volunteered at the junior high for Reality Town and as I looked around at all the Mom's there I was a little envious. There were at least five mom's there that already have their children home from Ukraine. (See, I told you I live in "Little Ukraine".) Now, I know I shouldn't be jealous as they all had to wait, just like me and everyone has their own story and road that brought them to this point and if I dig deep inside myself, these Mom's give me strength. They made it through this and I can too, this will happen! But oh, how I wish that Lex was here, learning English, eating all the banana's, riding his bike and letting me tuck him in at night.
I did talk to the PTA president about our upcoming situation as I'm over Dutch Oven cook off in May and I may or may not be there. Who knows? So now I need to find someone to cover for me in the event I am on our Ukrainian adventure. Anyone interested?
It's sort of weird to have your life on hold like this, you can't really commit but you may very well be around and as far as what will I do with my other four children while we trek into the unknown to bring our boy home? I'm not really sure, I have a very supportive family and great friends but I can't do much in the way of planning until we know when we're going!! So if you see me on caller ID sometime in the next few months, you might not want to answer!
Thanks to all who sent such great referrals to our social worker. (Most of my friends all cc'd me a copy of what they wrote, even though the didn't have too!) And either they are really good at embellishing, and/or they were drinking NyQuil or they just really think good things about us! Each one of you touched my heart and made me cry when I read your recommendations.

1 of my blog friends said something...:
I'm so excited for you to get your new addition. That is awesome! It's sad that you have to wait so long though. I hope all goes smoothly and quickly for you guys. :)
Post a Comment