Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You are invited...

I sent an email out this week to a few of the mom's I know that are adopting but wanted to open the invitation to all mom's adopting from the Ukraine that would be interested in coming. Here is what I wrote:
This is Wendy, Alexey's soon to be mom....some day far from now!
I wanted to start up a "Mom's forever waiting to get their children from the Ukraine" lunch group and you are all invited. I thought it would be nice to get together and compare notes, vent, sympathize and encourage each other as we take this big step into the unknown.
Now, my list of mom's is not exclusive, I just don't know if everyone is adopting and didn't want to offend any that aren't. So if there's a mom not on this email list that you think would love to come, please forward her this email or let her know. The more the merrier!
The date is this Thursday, November 20th at 1:00 at Golden China (5300 South, 700 West in Murray-on the corner by Smiths-you can't miss it) Yes, it's Chinese food and it's not a fancy lady lunch place but I was just trying to think of a place where it wouldn't be too noisy, we could talk and we wouldn't get kicked out or given snobby stares if we stayed a long time. NEXT month someone else can pick a place! (The food is not too bad but I hate the ugly fish in the huge fish tank!)
I know it's rather short notice, let me know if you can make it, if you can't but would like an invite next month or if you're just not interested.
Hope to see you soon!
Last night, Rylee crawled in to bed with a bad dream and I couldn't help but think who if anyone is comforting Lex when he has bad dreams? Which only made it harder for me to fall back to sleep. (Well, that and the fact that Rylee is a mini-furnace and made me uncomfortably hot!)
James is home and we only have two more day's until we meet with McKay for our home study! I'll be so glad to be doing something productive to move forward.
My girls performance group is planning a cruise in June and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Do I plan on four children or five? Will I even be in the country? And then the question of the year, hum...how do I pay for that AND an international adoption?
From now on I'm just going to take the Scarlet O'Hara view of life, "Tomorrow is another day"!
Another day is when I'll figure this out.
And probably not any day too soon!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Andreas said...

I would have loved to be there, but I had to work. :(

Glad that you are all getting support....we will be there next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails