Monday, November 17, 2008

Trying not to freak out...

I've been following the Carr's and Evenson's blogs like an crack addict. In fact I play mind games with myself like,  "You can not look at blogs until you have..." (insert task like mop the floor, go grocery shopping, organize paper work etc.). Today it was take my code of ethics on-line test.
So, I'm carefully watching the dates that they left for the Ukraine and the date they get to court and I'm getting panicky because I only have a two week window for James to be there and that includes travel time. And then I start thinking about what if.....
What if we get a SDA appointment in the middle of James working?
What if we don't get a court date before he needs to head back?
What if.....?  
And then my mind starts swirling and I try to take deep breaths and remind myself not to panic about things I have no control over.
I thought I had a brilliant idea on Sunday. I thought if I copy and pasted the address to Lex's orphanage (which is in Ukrainian) into my browser that I would be able to find his orphanage website, translate it, email his director and make sure he's okay? Nope, not a brilliant idea. I got no where.
I sent off yet another letter, still no return letters and honestly I don't even know if he has postage yet. In fact when he left he had a cough so he could be in the hospital for all I know. (Okay, don't think I'm jumping off the handle here, we're told they go to the hospital for every sniffle and cough!)
Anyway, Austin's been really sick and keeping my mind occupied over on this side of the world. We thought it was Strep but, no. Then we had blood work done for Mono, but found out today that it's not that either. (Which is good as Austin heard so many stories about how bad and how long you're sick with Mono that I think it made him sicker than he actually is.) So, now the doc's are just saying let it run it's course but good gravy it's been a week! It doesn't help that at age fourteen and a half, Austin is now man sick instead of just boy sick. You know, when a man is sick, the world seems to stop? At least for the man afflicted. Austin is close to five foot ten, has 10 pounds on me and is certainly closer to man status than boy status and this illness has sufficiently pushed him into man status sickness category!

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Shirlene said...

Wendy,
You are such a wonderful person and have such a wonderful family. Everything will work out. Don't worry. Remember all the things that have just fallen into place so far.....it will be okay! It's hard, but try to relax. Keep your head up and keep thinking positive thoughts. Everything will be just fine! Love ya! Shirlene

Related Posts with Thumbnails